Rod Barajas - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Rod Barajas

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rod Barajas

Postby Hit Factory » Wed May 06, 2009 10:05 am

Jorge Posada is my catcher, however he went on the DL yesterday so I needed to find someone to take his place. I was looking through the WW and I came across Rod Barajas. I am in a Yahoo league so I clicked on his name and under the advice column it said that Barajas was currently of baseball's best hitters and "if this continues, could be become a viable MVP candidate." Is it just me or are you also shocked to hear "Rod Barajas" mentioned in the same sentence as "MVP?" Granted I still picked him up since he is swinging a hot bat right now, but being a viable MVP candidate?......come on Yahoo.
Last edited by Hit Factory on Wed May 06, 2009 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rod Barajas

Postby wildbill » Wed May 06, 2009 10:40 am

Hit Factory wrote:Jorge Posada is my catcher, however he went on the DL yesterday so I needed to find someone to take his place. I was looking through the WW and I came across Rod Barajas. I am in a Yahoo league so I clicked on his name and under the advice column it said that Barajas was currently of baseball's best hitters and "if this continues, could be become a viable MVP candidate." Is it just me or you too shocked to hear "Rod Barajas" mentioned in the same sentence as "MVP?" Granted I still picked him up since he is swinging a hot bat right now, but being a viable MVP candidate?......come on Yahoo.

Shocked? No. Laughing hysterically? Yes. He's having a good run now, but he's still just Rod Barajas. When your main C goes down the best you can do is try to ride whatever C you can find on the WW on a hot streak if their are any. Suzuki is another good one who will usually at least give you BA and he's usually on the WW in a lot of mixed leagues.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates