Harden? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Harden?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Harden?

Postby BoSox4life » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:32 pm

What are everyones thoughts on young Rich? He has been rocked so far in the spring. Will he bounce out of this funk or should we expect poor outings all year?
All I want out of life, is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
--Ted Williams
BoSox4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:33 pm

Sinse hes a 5 first off he might drop off the rotation if he gets lit a couple of times and 2nd he probobly won't get as many starts as usual starters.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:37 pm

i think your jumping the gun on him and don't know what has been going on w/ his this spring. for one he has only had 1 start, so to start judging him on that is a bit early. secondly he hadn't been throwing much due to he injured his non-throwing shoulder. his first start back showed that he was rusty after not pitching for a bit. also he is a rookie or close to being it (might have had to many innings last year) and will be inconsistent. but i believe the goods will out weigh the bads when it is all said and done.

also oakland has stated that harden will not be skipped in the roration like other 5th starters do sometimes.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby SoxFanPJ » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:40 pm

He went much earlier in my draft then I expected, I have yet to be overly impressed by him at the MLB level.

Could he still be great ? Yes
Could he turn out to be an overhyped mid tier starter? Yes
SoxFanPJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jonnyblack » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:42 pm

I'm staying away from him, at least this season. he hasnt shown me much yet at the major league level.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby canibus » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:00 am

SoxFanPJ wrote:He went much earlier in my draft then I expected, I have yet to be overly impressed by him at the MLB level.

Could he still be great ? Yes
Could he turn out to be an overhyped mid tier starter? Yes

I feel the same way. He's got the 5th spot in MLB; fantasy-wise I like him as the 6th starter on my team, plugging him in if he's hot, sitting him if he's not. I def. can't see taking him as my 3rd or 4th starter. Too risky.

Don't sleep on Webb though, of all the young pitchers (besides Prior) he's the one I'd take the risk on. If you can call it that.
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:44 am

yeah i have him in my 5th spot on a couple of teams and im a little uncomfortable about it.....would prefer him on my bench til he gets hot. but i think this year will be good for him, and i think he will do well. next year, wow grab him cuz i think he will breakout.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby West Coast Fan » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:18 pm

bump

Really want to know opinions on Harden. I had him for a few months last year, and it worked for awhile, but as you know, he imploded after a few starts.

This spring hasn't been much to write home about. Maybe let him drift as a FA for awhile and see? pick him up in May/June? or pic now and bench til he shows he can regain control (and A's can score)
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Stand Pat » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:24 pm

from what i recall, they say his 2003 performance petered off because of lack of endurance. if that is true, he just needs to build up endurance and perhaps his first half this year will be promising.
Stand Pat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:23 pm

Endurance doesnt have anything to do with throwing a strike, which young Rich seems to not know how to do!He beat a few bum teams like MY TIGERS when he came up last year and has shown nothing that would make me inclined to think hes ready for the big show.YET!

2 years he could be awesome but he still has alot to work on.
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers