Yahoo! New Player Add Policy - WTF!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo! New Player Add Policy - WTF!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo! New Player Add Policy - WTF!?

Postby phorts » Tue May 05, 2009 10:37 pm

I did a quick search and couldnt find anything so sorry if this has already been posted.

Yahoo! has decided to change the way it handles player acquisitions and waiver claims this year. Last year, and previous years, you were able to add a player to your team for the following day regardless of whether or not the player is playing or has already played a game that day.

Now, if you go to add a player that is playing (or has already played) that day, OR if the player you intend to drop has played, then Yahoo gives you the big ole denial.

And, if that wasnt ridiculous enough, they have also made it so that you can't even place a WAIVER CLAIM on a player if he's already playing or has already played. I mean, what the hell is that all about?

I simply want to add the player to my roster TOMORROW. Or place a friggin CLAIM on a player so that I get in on the Waiver Claim Sweepstakes. Now, because of this new policy, i'm out of the running for a waiver claim on a player that most likely won't clear waivers and I've lost out on adding a replacement to my DL'd Closer to an early rising manager.

We are a Yahoo! Plus league so i've emailed the Yahoo team to see what they have to say about it.

Has anyone heard from Yahoo on this? Is this pissing anyone else off? Have you been able to work around it?

Thanks for letting me vent!

Forts
phorts
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo! New Player Add Policy - WTF!?

Postby MrDaveyHavoc » Mon May 11, 2009 5:59 pm

This pisses me off too. I mostly play on Yahoo, but I love that in ESPN you can just pick a guy up and play him immediately.
MrDaveyHavoc
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby soty » Mon May 11, 2009 6:37 pm

First I hear of it, but if its true thats not cool. :-t
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby RDD15 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:51 pm

Things like this, and having to pay for stat tracker make it completely mind-boggling to me why anyone would host a league on Yahoo instead of ESPN.
RDD15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby soty » Mon May 11, 2009 8:02 pm

I love Yahoo but if this is true about the add/drop thing then that sucks.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Return to Commissioner's Corner