Napoli playing everyday now? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Napoli playing everyday now?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Napoli playing everyday now?

Postby cnasty » Tue May 05, 2009 4:31 pm

I have Ramon Hernandez and although he has recently began to hit, he has done nothing so far this season. Napoli is out there, do you think I should make the move? Is Napoli for real and going to start getting regular at bats?
cnasty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Napoli playing everyday now?

Postby the izzy » Tue May 05, 2009 6:54 pm

I have no idea, since I don't follow LAA closely, but I'm curious as well. I noticed he's been DH'ing a lot, is this normal? Maybe like an Inge thing, in which if he's not playing C, he's batting the better side of .280 w/ great power? Whereas, when he plays C, he hoovers around the .250?

All I know is that I picked this guy up off waviers on Sunday, and started him yesterday (monday). He gave me the same number of hits (4) yesterday as I got from Baker + Suzuki all last week.
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Trebor » Wed May 06, 2009 4:43 am

Nap is only DHing at times now cause Vladdy is out. once Vlad is back, id expect Nap to go back to mostly catcher only duties...where he will almost always split with Mathis.

I expect Nap to earn more and more starts, than Mathis, but dont expect everyday play...

the Angels are only carrying 2 catchers right now. so they are actually taking a risk each time they start Nap at DH & Mathis at Catcher...if Mathis gets hurt, and Nap has to switch to Catcher in game, they would lose the DH that day. point being, unless you see them call up a 3rd Catcher to roster, dont expect everyday duty by Nap.

that said, ive owned him all year and am big time smiling now after sitting thru a slow 1st 3 weeks...get him while you can, everyday duty or not he has reeeediculous power & decent speed (maybe double digit steals?) at a position that usually lacks both. but his avg wont go too high as he K's too much. think .275 tops, but 25 homer potential IF HE STAYS HEALTHY. which is something he def has had issues doing.
Trebor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tmlfan4ever » Thu May 07, 2009 12:04 am

All I care about is the fact that when he plays, he hits dingers. It doesn't seem to matter how little he plays either.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates