Worst 911 Operator Ever - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Worst 911 Operator Ever

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Worst 911 Operator Ever

Postby CadensDad » Sat May 09, 2009 12:47 am

Amazinz wrote:There's not a lot else to do in Iceland.

I can think of something! ;-D :-D ;-) :-b

THAT'S JUST A JOKE.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Sat May 09, 2009 1:09 am

CadensDad wrote:
Amazinz wrote:There's not a lot else to do in Iceland.

I can think of something! ;-D :-D ;-) :-b

THAT'S JUST A JOKE.

cuz the smilies weren't enough to get that point across? %-6
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby daullaz » Sat May 09, 2009 2:43 am

Wow, I just read this thread.

Mad, I don't know what world you're living in, but I sure do want to move there! Sounds so much better than the real world. :-b Oh, and using cinema's ideas of enlightenment was pretty weak, enough to detract from all your other excellent points. Let's turn back the tape/page and see what the creators of Back to the Future, 1984, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and several other futuristic works predicted the future would hold.

Fact is, the Internet era has exposed the young'uns to much, much more than it did in the good ol' days. Bad things have worked their way into young people's social encounters and become part of their vocabularies, attitudes, etc. Is it a shame? Of course. But a 17-year-old girl was in panic mode and it is incumbent on the trained professional to see that and look past it, focusing on the job of saving lives.

I gotta admit though, things would be much, much better if everyone followed your standard. Space for one more? O:-)
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Madison » Sat May 09, 2009 2:50 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:Yes Madison, I understand that you believe the words to be socially unacceptable.

Doesn't matter if I agree with the law or don't agree with the law, my opinion is one of 300 million opinions, so I'm way too small and insignificant as to actually have an impact on the law. The F word in public lands people with tickets and using it does offend people. Neither of those things are my opinions or thoughts, simply facts. Urinating in public is illegal due to the exact same decency laws, public sexual gratification is as well, public nudity, public intoxication, etc, etc, etc, and the list goes on. And those laws will continue to grow unless human beings as a whole grow up just a bit and start giving the same respect they expect to receive from others, to other people as well. The "droopy pants" law is a perfect example of the decency laws growing simply because the human race hasn't grown up enough yet.

People can disagree with those laws all they like, but it doesn't change anything, they are only digging themselves a hole and making themselves look bad when breaking them anyway. Pretty silly for "enlightened" adults to do that, and I fail to see the benefit of it. I only see the disadvantages of it, which is why I find the topic interesting. I mean dropping an F bomb while talking to a police officer? What possible good could come from that? Zero. Not one thing. On the flipside, they could get a ticket, they could offend the officer, they make themselves look like idiots, and possibly they don't get the kind of reaction they want or need. So why do it? Really makes no sense at all.

Neato Torpedo wrote:Also, that girl isn't young at all. She's 17

"Young" is relative and isn't necessarily based only on her age. 17 is young in my world, and cussing at a police officer is quite immature, so she's far from grown. There's a 14 year old kid in my neighborhood that mows laws, and he's more grown than she is even though he's 3 years younger.

daullaz wrote:I gotta admit though, things would be much, much better if everyone followed your standard. Space for one more? O:-)

There's plenty of space and the country would be much better off if people gave the kind of respect that they themselves expect to receive. Not breaking the law would be welcomed as well of course.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk