Larry Walker?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Larry Walker??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Larry Walker??

Postby mm92280 » Mon May 20, 2002 1:33 am

How would you rank him among outfielders ??? Just kinda curious for trades purposes.
mm92280
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu May 23, 2002 6:31 am

Among the best in the game when he's healthy, especially when playing at home; among the most frustrating in the game when he goes through injured spells. Overall, I'd rank him somewhere between 10th and 15th in the majors, but keep in mind that his value is more likely to fluctuate than most others'.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mktgteach » Thu May 23, 2002 6:12 pm

Larry Walker is a STUD, but his trade value is not of STUD value. It will be impossible to get his potential's worth in a trade due to his injury history. So don't aim too high, but at the same time, don't accept Greg Vaughn for him either!

I'm out! ;-D
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby timkell » Fri May 24, 2002 1:40 am

I have Walker on my team, and I've basically resigned myself to keeping him. Like mktgteach said, you won't get his potential's worth back.

When he's in there, he's amazing. He even throws in a few SB's! I'm riding him out until he gets hurt. He seems to have made it threw the elbow problem OK, so let's hope for the best!

I'd definitely put him in top 20, but he'd easily be top 10 if you didn't have to worry about injury. For a trade, though, you're probably looking at someone who's 20 to 30.

Best bet would be high risk/high reward for him. Maybe get Kearns and some other mediocre player? Or something similar, because you won't get a veteran who you'd be happy to give Walker up for.

He's frustrating because you always worry about him, but I'd rather have Walker than a lot of other outfielders!

T
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers