Ryan Braun's Back - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ryan Braun's Back

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ryan Braun's Back

Postby TheGhost » Mon May 04, 2009 1:38 am

Just wondering if everyone thinks it's safe to play him in my line-up this week? Don't want to have to bench him.
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 149)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Braun's Back

Postby TheRaven » Mon May 04, 2009 7:57 am

That is a great question that no one wants to really touch seemingly.

I can just tell you that I have him, and am benching him this week. I picked up Kendry Morales the other day, so I will be subbing him in and hope for the best.
TheRaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby irish158 » Mon May 04, 2009 10:03 am

Manager Ken Macha said in the post game interview that he hopes Braun is back tonight vs. Pit. I will try and find more out today on the local sports programs.
irish158
College Coach
College Coach

Postby irish158 » Mon May 04, 2009 10:13 am

It is a stiff upper back. He has sat now 2 nights for it. Braun is King of Cliches so it is hard to determine how serious it is. I would proceed with caution tonight for sure. Watch MLB player news, they seem to be right on top of late scratches or injury updates.
irish158
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BiggGC » Mon May 04, 2009 10:17 am

"Braun is King of Cliches so it is hard to determine how serious it is. "
Right on Irish!!!
This is from the Brewers web site , written after the game yesterday.
By Adam McCalvy / MLB.com
"I'm either able to play or unable to play, and I'm unable to play [today]," Braun said. "I really don't get overly concerned about it because it does me no good to focus on negativity. Obviously, I don't want to be hurt, obviously I want to be in there every day. I'll come in and get my treatment done and hopefully it gets better."

"Trust me, I want to be out there"

Take what you want from this. As for me ............ I'm a little worried, BUT I'm still starting him in my 16 team league, come on Hammerin Hebrew!!
BiggGC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheGhost » Mon May 04, 2009 10:50 am

I would probably sit him for tonight's game. Problem is that I have to set my line-up for a week. I do have Cory Hart on the and Fowler on the bench so I do have options. Just would hate to miss out on some big games from Braun. If you would have to start him for a week straight would you?
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 149)

Postby PBRmeASAP » Mon May 04, 2009 6:17 pm

Braun did not travel to Pittsburgh today (Monday) and Bill Hall will start in LF tonight. Brauny had an MRI on his back/intercostal which were negative. Still this doesn't sound good for Braun owners and Brewer fans. (of which I am both) :~(

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/44316752.html

Pittsburgh - In what can only be called a very unusual lineup, third baseman Bill Hall is starting in left field tonight for the Brewers against Pittsburgh.

The usual left fielder, Ryan Braun, isn't even with the team. He remained in Milwaukee to have an MRI today, which was negative for structural damage. Braun sat out Saturday and Sunday with stiffness in his upper back, which he thought was related to the intercostal problem he had earlier in the year.

Braun is listed as "day to day" and is en route to joining the team here. Undergoing an MRI cannot be a good sign. He already had one MRI in spring training when he was bothered by that intercostal tightness. Now, you have to wonder if Braun will be plagued by this stuff all season.

We haven't had our pre-game chat with manager Ken Macha yet but he obviously wants right-handed bats in the lineup against Pirates lefty Paul Maholm. Casey McGehee, a right-handed hitter, is starting at third base. The two reserve outfielders, Brad Nelson and Chris Duffy, are left-handed hitters.

Hall has never played left field in the majors. He did play in center two years ago for the Brewers but was moved back to third last year after Mike Cameron was signed.

Hall said he was just told 10 minutes ago by Macha that he'd be playing left field.

"I said, 'Why not? Let's go,'" said Hall.

Left field is the big field here at PNC Park, but Hall said, "I'm going to let 'Cam' handle that gap," referring to centerfielder Mike Cameron.

Hall also said he'd be using one of Cameron's gloves.

"I'm using a Gold Glove caliber outfield glove," he said. "I hope I don't disappoint him."

Making the move a bit odd is the fact that Hall has been fantastic at third base this season, committing just one error and making a series of sensational plays.
PBRmeASAP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JoshExley » Mon May 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Braun is playing right now per Yahoo. 2RBI as the PH-LF for the injured B.Hall....
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby irish158 » Mon May 04, 2009 10:20 pm

Braun had a pinch hit 2 run single in the 8th. He did stay back in MKE for a MRI on his back. There is no structural damage at all and he looked fine at the plate. From what I have seen and what I have read and considering he pinch hit tonight I would expect him in the lineup tomorrow.
irish158
College Coach
College Coach

Postby devilsrule2004 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:38 pm

i would wait a little bit before playing him. Image
Lets Go Yankees Image
devilsrule2004
Little League Legend
Little League Legend