Nolan Reimold - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Nolan Reimold

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Nolan Reimold

Postby bravelaker » Thu May 14, 2009 8:42 am

I'm glad he is up as well but I have to wonder what type of PT he will get. If its gonna a platoon thing they might as well leave him down.
bravelaker
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hitchcock » Thu May 14, 2009 12:39 pm

bravelaker wrote:I'm glad he is up as well but I have to wonder what type of PT he will get. If its gonna a platoon thing they might as well leave him down.

Most of it will depend on Scott and Jones. The O's are liking what they see from Lou Montanez in LF and I think they still want to give him a decent amount of AB's. Scott is the DH but if he's gonna sit Reimold is in, whether it's OF or DH. I think Pie is done now. This offically drops Pie to #5 on the OF depth chart IMO: Markakis, Jones, Sweet Lou/Reimold, Pie.

Upper managment has already said, once Reimold get's called up they'd like to see him basically getting full time in LF. I think it'll be a transition in the begining but after a few weeks, he'll have the LF job secured.
^^Thanks to Smoovethug for the sharp sig.
Hitchcock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zebulon » Thu May 14, 2009 1:17 pm

I just dropped Wieters from him. I didn't really want to do that, but I've also got Tommy Hanson rotting on my bench and no bench spots for my offense. My OF is really hurting so I decided to take a shot and take back a bench spot as well.

His numbers at AAA are ridiculous and if he produces even half of that for the big club he will easily be better than Scott or Pie.
DraftTracker 2010 FREE Download Now Available at: http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nate128 » Thu May 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Dropped Wieters?

Hmm..... does this qualify for blunder of the year?
nate128
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zebulon » Thu May 14, 2009 3:50 pm

nate128 wrote:Dropped Wieters?

Well, first of all, my OF is pretty banged up and I was stashing both Wieters and Hanson so I had no offensive bench slots and was in need of some roster flexibility. And with my pitching, Hanson would be more valuable to me when he comes up than would Wieters given that I've got Iannetta at C and since we use OBP instead of AVG, he is doing a fine job for me.

So, as much as I would have liked to hold on to Wieters, it was a decision based on need. Besides, Wieters isn't exactly tearing up AAA at the moment. He will probably make for a very good keeper, but I'm trying win on a week to week basis at this point.
DraftTracker 2010 FREE Download Now Available at: http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nate128 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:56 pm

Does your league allow trades or...
nate128
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JohnTucker0814 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:34 am

zebulon wrote:
nate128 wrote:Dropped Wieters?

Well, first of all, my OF is pretty banged up and I was stashing both Wieters and Hanson so I had no offensive bench slots and was in need of some roster flexibility. And with my pitching, Hanson would be more valuable to me when he comes up than would Wieters given that I've got Iannetta at C and since we use OBP instead of AVG, he is doing a fine job for me.

So, as much as I would have liked to hold on to Wieters, it was a decision based on need. Besides, Wieters isn't exactly tearing up AAA at the moment. He will probably make for a very good keeper, but I'm trying win on a week to week basis at this point.

I've got Wieters in my Dynasty League, no way you drop Wieters... if you're banged up in your outfield, drop one of your banged up players for Reimold... btw... Wieters knocked out 2 HR's last night...
JohnTucker0814
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby zebulon » Fri May 15, 2009 9:54 am

Not to turn this into a Wieters thread, but there is not guarentee that he will produce right out of the gate. I mean, look at Alex Gordon. He put up even better numbers in the minors than Wieters and he's been a disappointment ever since. Now, Wieters could very possibly be all that he is hyped up to be, but when looking at my team, I decided that I would do just fine with Iannetta at C and hopefully cash in on Reimold where I had more of a need. If I wasn't also stashing Tommy Hanson, there is no way I would have dropped Wieters, but its been tough not having the roster flexibility. Who knows I may pick Wieters back up if he doesnt get claimed.
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 18 and 1 » Fri May 15, 2009 10:48 am

zebulon wrote:Not to turn this into a Wieters thread, but there is not guarentee that he will produce right out of the gate. I mean, look at Alex Gordon. He put up even better numbers in the minors than Wieters and he's been a disappointment ever since. Now, Wieters could very possibly be all that he is hyped up to be, but when looking at my team, I decided that I would do just fine with Iannetta at C and hopefully cash in on Reimold where I had more of a need. If I wasn't also stashing Tommy Hanson, there is no way I would have dropped Wieters, but its been tough not having the roster flexibility. Who knows I may pick Wieters back up if he doesnt get claimed.

No way he doesn't get claimed, even in a redraft league. I hope for your sake this isn't a dynasty league / keeper league.
18 and 1
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball