Nolan Reimold - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Nolan Reimold

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nolan Reimold

Postby THRILL » Mon May 04, 2009 1:16 am

Nolan Reimold has been absolutely mashing for the Orioles in Triple A. There is talk about him coming up later in the month-especially they Felix Pie is hitting.

What do you guys think his short and long term prospects are? Can he be a stud in the majors and do you think he will hit right away?
THRILL
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nolan Reimold

Postby nate128 » Mon May 04, 2009 7:44 am

Well he is/was a 5 tool prospect, and he has always hit in the minors. He has a lot of power potential so if you can snag him for free in your league i'd go for it.
nate128
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DevilDriver » Mon May 04, 2009 6:46 pm

I don't think he'll be a star but a .280/25 hr line seems reasonable.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Montana168 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:54 am

sort of reminds me of his future teammate, nick markakis. has good power, but not elite. much like markakis, his ceiling is 30/20 .300...but will most likely be around 25/15. not a stud, but a very good #2 fantasy outfielder. i would assume that once he is called up he should have immediate success, much like nelson cruz last year, because he is an older prospect and has a lot of grooming in the minors.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue May 05, 2009 12:01 pm

Montana168 wrote:sort of reminds me of his future teammate, nick markakis. has good power, but not elite. much like markakis, his ceiling is 30/20 .300...but will most likely be around 25/15. not a stud, but a very good #2 fantasy outfielder. i would assume that once he is called up he should have immediate success, much like nelson cruz last year, because he is an older prospect and has a lot of grooming in the minors.

You realize Nelson Cruz had about 150 games in the bigs with no success whatsoever before finally doing something last year, right?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby fbc_fan » Tue May 05, 2009 1:34 pm

not to bash on the guy too much, but i'm always a little wary of prospects that are old for the level they are playing in. though that doesn't mean that i won't be watching and ready to pick him up.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Hitchcock » Thu May 07, 2009 3:04 pm

I was thinking about this earlier on this morning. Pie is all but done IMO, and the other two OF's blocking him right now is Luke Scott (who we use @ DH mostly) and Lou Montanez. Montanez has done okay up here (missed past couple games w/ thumb strain) but he's coming off last year in the Eastern League, and winning their Triple Crown. I hear Reimold has more upside so I picked him up in my deep big money league.

But w/ Ryan Freel coming back prob. w/in a week and talk about re-calling Rich Hill hopefully w/in a month, I don't know where they are planning to make room from Reimold. Any thoughts on his callup?
^^Thanks to Smoovethug for the sharp sig.
Hitchcock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Montana168 » Thu May 07, 2009 3:14 pm

well if it helps at all, reimold is already on the 40-man roster...which means no one will have to be taken off that roster for him to come up, but they will have to send someone down to the minors for him to come up, unless someone gets hurt. i don't know how much potential this kid has, but he has been off to a hot start in triple A...i know that doesn't always mean much (for example look at shelly duncan's numbers at AAA Scranton-Wilkes Barre for the yanks) but i'm anxious to see if this kid can do any damage in the majors. he should be getting a shot sometime in june as long as montanez doesn't work out and pie doesn't have a complete 180 turn around.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mac-unit » Fri May 08, 2009 3:47 am

Hitchcock wrote:I was thinking about this earlier on this morning. Pie is all but done IMO, and the other two OF's blocking him right now is Luke Scott (who we use @ DH mostly) and Lou Montanez. Montanez has done okay up here (missed past couple games w/ thumb strain) but he's coming off last year in the Eastern League, and winning their Triple Crown. I hear Reimold has more upside so I picked him up in my deep big money league.

But w/ Ryan Freel coming back prob. w/in a week and talk about re-calling Rich Hill hopefully w/in a month, I don't know where they are planning to make room from Reimold. Any thoughts on his callup?

The O's are shopping Freel(where I read it below) so it seems if he came up he would get time at LF and DH. I don't see Montanez blocking him for long.

That sounds like a great title for a Robert Ludlum spy novel, but it's just the issue facing the Orioles now that utilityman Ryan Freel is through with his injury rehabilitation assignment. The club has to return him to the active roster in the next day or so or find some other club that needs a $4 million utility guy.

Andy MacPhail has been calling around to guage interest in Freel, who has expressed frustration with his lack of playing time and seems to be the odd guy out with Lou Montanez moving past him on the depth chart and Triple-A outfielder Nolan Reimold trying to force his way onto the major league club.

Can't imagine the Orioles will be able to find anyone to take that whole salary, but they already saved millions in the exchange for Ramon Hernandez and would probably be happy to recoup a million or two of his guarantee.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ ... lemma.html
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Real Deal » Sat May 09, 2009 9:36 am

O's traded Ryan freel to the cubs for Joey Gathright...according to the times picayune
Real Deal
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball