Gamel callup as soon as 5/22 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Gamel callup as soon as 5/22

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Gamel callup as soon as 5/22

Postby hett2333 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:20 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:who loses PT if he sticks? bill hall? hall has been decent though.

Not Bill Hall...there is no chance they play Gamel at third.
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fbc_fan » Wed May 06, 2009 1:11 pm

hett2333 wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:who loses PT if he sticks? bill hall? hall has been decent though.

where else will they play him? everything is clogged. unless they move cameron, as was stated earlier.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hett2333 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:46 pm

fbc_fan wrote:
hett2333 wrote:

where else will they play him? everything is clogged. unless they move cameron, as was stated earlier.

They would probably have to move cameron. Gamel is a much worse fielder than Braun was at 3rd. I mean the guy is terrible. If the Brewers didn't want Braun playing 3rd, what makes you think they'll play Gamel there?
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JoshExley » Thu May 07, 2009 2:34 pm

hett2333 wrote:
fbc_fan wrote:
hett2333 wrote:

They would probably have to move cameron. Gamel is a much worse fielder than Braun was at 3rd. I mean the guy is terrible. If the Brewers didn't want Braun playing 3rd, what makes you think they'll play Gamel there?

Well, they let Braun finish the year there and then prepared him to play OF the following year. I think they can (and will) bring Gamel up to play 3B this year and then (perhaps) move Hart to CF next year to let Braun and Gamel man the corners. Problem is, I think Gamel's arm is a bit weak, so I think LONG TERM (whether in MIL or elsewhere) he becomes a 1B/DH.
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Steve-o » Thu May 07, 2009 5:27 pm

The guy more likely to be traded than Cameron is Prince. Wouldn't be surprised if they traded Prince for pitching in the off season (even though it would break my wife's heart) and moved Gamel to 1B. Who knows though...
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kab21 » Thu May 07, 2009 6:28 pm

Steve-o wrote:The guy more likely to be traded than Cameron is Prince. Wouldn't be surprised if they traded Prince for pitching in the off season (even though it would break my wife's heart) and moved Gamel to 1B. Who knows though...

That would be the ideal solution imo.

The other thing of note is that Hart has rated as an average defensive RF'er (UZR at fangraphs) so while he might be able to play center it likely isn't an ideal solution. What are the visual grades that you MIL fans give Hart as far as defense? How excited would you be to see him play CF on a full-time basis?
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 162)

Postby hett2333 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Outside of being a Gamel owner and hoping for an early callup, do you really believe Gamel will be a June 1st callup and playing everyday?
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Steve-o » Fri May 08, 2009 11:31 pm

hett2333 wrote:Outside of being a Gamel owner and hoping for an early callup, do you really believe Gamel will be a June 1st callup and playing everyday?

Not unless they have an injury in the IF or Bill Hall has a terrible month long stretch.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby B-Chad » Mon May 11, 2009 7:25 pm

Thinking outside the box a little bit long term... any chance the Brewers would re-visit Braun at 3B and Gamel in LF? Personally I think Prince gets moved because soon enough he won't be under team control, and he could fetch some very solid prospects while also opening up 1B for Gamel. I guess my other question as a possibility is whether they'd consider dealing Gamel? If he comes up and rakes at DH during interleague play, could he be dealt? Finally, everyone discusses Prince being the odd man out, but what about moving Corey Hart and having Braun/Gamel man the corner OF positions and finding a true CF?
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball