Crawfords 5th Straight Game With a SB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Crawfords 5th Straight Game With a SB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Crawfords 5th Straight Game With a SB

Postby coma » Mon May 04, 2009 2:16 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
jcde7ago wrote:I am diggin' his stolen bases, but would gladly trade half of his total for a little bit of power...I mean, even Theriot has 2 home runs as of today. :-b

Anyways, when that power does come (and along with BJ's)...the top 4 of that Tampa lineup (Upton, Crawford, Longoria and Pena) is going to be absolutely insane. 8-o

i wouldn't be complaining, SBs are harder to come by than HRs, just check your standings and compare your HRs vs SBs.

True for the most part. And with 11 on the week, Crawford just dominated.
coma
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:42 pm

so thats 7 straight games... i have no idea what the record is, i just googled it and no bueno.... can anyone assist here? im very curious on this. regardless of what the record is, this is an impressive run hes on.
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Tue May 05, 2009 1:00 am

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:so thats 7 straight games... i have no idea what the record is, i just googled it and no bueno.... can anyone assist here? im very curious on this. regardless of what the record is, this is an impressive run hes on.

Just looking over some of the great base stealing seasons so not in any way official. Plus I couldn't look at any of the turn of the century guys since SB weren't tracked real well then.

Rickey had 11 straight games (18 SB in 11 games) in 1983 and 9 straight in 1980. I didn't see anyone else who made it to nine after looking at almost every 80+ SB season in the modern era. There were about a dozen 7-game streaks I saw, and maybe 4 or 5 8-game streaks.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Tue May 05, 2009 1:15 am

Tavish wrote:
NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:so thats 7 straight games... i have no idea what the record is, i just googled it and no bueno.... can anyone assist here? im very curious on this. regardless of what the record is, this is an impressive run hes on.

Just looking over some of the great base stealing seasons so not in any way official. Plus I couldn't look at any of the turn of the century guys since SB weren't tracked real well then.

Rickey had 11 straight games (18 SB in 11 games) in 1983 and 9 straight in 1980. I didn't see anyone else who made it to nine after looking at almost every 80+ SB season in the modern era. There were about a dozen 7-game streaks I saw, and maybe 4 or 5 8-game streaks.

wow, 11 straight games, thats pretty sick, 18 in 11 is even sicker! the thing about it is, you have to get on base first, so thats step one. and then the whole world knows youre gonna try and steal so u hafta get a great jump and have blazing speed. stolen bases are a lost art and there are only a few truly elite guys left in the game. crawford has to be considered one, along with reyes but after that, there arent too many. jacoby should prolly be mentioned in the elite too
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby interchange » Tue May 05, 2009 5:28 pm

I think 0 CS is the most impressive part of this early season running rampage. He'll keep it up until he gets caught a couple times.
Dominate is a verb. Dominant is an adjective.
interchange
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue May 05, 2009 5:53 pm

Bert Campaneris had a streak of 12 straight games with at least a stolen base in 1969

I used the Baseball-Reference PI to do the search. I don't have a subscription so I couldn't tell you if anyone was tied with him (and as you can see the Crawford streak isn't shown, nor the Rickey streak, and the NL only search came up with 8 for Vince Coleman as the leader). Wish I could use it enough to subscribe to it, it's a really cool tool.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JMB05 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Was worried there for a second, but alas he just stole second in the 7th inning.

That's 9 in a row! ;-D
JMB05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby Grouperman941 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:02 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Bert Campaneris had a streak of 12 straight games with at least a stolen base in 1969

I used the Baseball-Reference PI to do the search. I don't have a subscription so I couldn't tell you if anyone was tied with him (and as you can see the Crawford streak isn't shown, nor the Rickey streak, and the NL only search came up with 8 for Vince Coleman as the leader). Wish I could use it enough to subscribe to it, it's a really cool tool.

That is it for consecutive games. The record for consecutive steals without getting caught is 50 by Vince Coleman.

Run Carl Run! ;-D
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed May 06, 2009 10:49 pm

Grouperman941 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:Bert Campaneris had a streak of 12 straight games with at least a stolen base in 1969

That is it for consecutive games. The record for consecutive steals without getting caught is 50 by Vince Coleman.

Run Carl Run! ;-D

No ---- Sherlock, I was answering a question asked for straight games, which is also what this thread is about....

anyways I've seen it twice today with the full list now and I see they've used the baseball-reference PI since they all state the post 1954 era. Rickey had 11, Crawford is at 9, Rickey again at 9 and then Rickey and Vince are at 8. Friggin sweet tool.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Grouperman941 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:25 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:

Run Carl Run! ;-D

No ---- Sherlock, I was answering a question asked for straight games, which is also what this thread is about....

Wow, you're hostile. I was agreeing and adding additional information. :-S
Last edited by Grouperman941 on Thu May 07, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers