Russell Branyan - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Russell Branyan

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Russell Branyan

Postby TBuck4401 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:03 pm

I've seen Russell the Muscle play for the Brewers 2 different times around. The first time, he hit the longest HR in Miller Park history (480 ft, still the record). He went on a good 3 or 4 week run that year, then started sucking and battled injuries. In his second stint with the Brewers 2 years ago, the guy hit something like 10 HRs in less than 2 weeks for the Brewers, then cooled off drastically. He has always been a AAAA player who mashes in AAA, then seems to mash in the bigs for awhile upon being called up, only to later get injured or just plain suck afterwards. So, his season this year comes as no surprise to me, accept for the fact that his hot hitting has carried on for a longer period of time this year.....but everyone has to have a career year.

I have him in a league and am enjoying the ride. I haven't attempted to trade him, because everyone in my league (Brewer country) knows his long history and probably wouldn't offer squat for him. Maybe someone in your league will buy high on him. Most likely though, you will be better off just enjoying the ride and crazy numbers he's giving you while it lasts instead of selling him for dirt. I still think he will hit 35+ HRs this year if he stays healthy, but he'll be batting between .220-250 very soon. Here's to hoping this ride lasts a little longer!
TBuck4401
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers