Alfonso Soriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Alfonso Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Alfonso Soriano

Postby tmlfan4ever » Sat May 02, 2009 11:39 pm

.272 w/ 7 HR and 4 SB... nobody needs to kick him in the butt, he's doing just fine.

A great example of why I stay away from H2H leagues.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nolanwood » Sun May 03, 2009 11:12 am

wildbill wrote:Try having 4 players on the DL at once (3 among your top 10 picks) with only 1 DL slot.

Thanks for letting us know that you have 4 players on the DL. That's very helpful information for those of us clicking on this thread looking for information about Soriano... ;-D

Soriano will be fine. He's such a streaky hitter that there will be weeks where he looks horrendous at the plate and swings at every slider two feet out of the zone. Then, he'll turn it around and hit 2-3 dingers in one game and be on fire for awhile. I think his production is generally more beneficial to roto league play.
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kaiser » Sun May 03, 2009 12:36 pm

nolanwood wrote:
wildbill wrote: I think his production is generally more beneficial to roto league play.

This is an interesting statement. You very well may be right. I'm in my first H2H league after years of roto, and I find that I am looking at players in a different way. I wonder if i should think about moving Soriano for a more consistant player. That hurts just to type...

And by the way, I totally agree with your comment regarding useless posts. The amount of joke, sarcastic and off-topic responses in the Cafe seems to have increased in the last year or two. Frustrating when you are looking for good info and informed opinions, which the Cafe is second to none at providing.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby Justblaze » Mon May 04, 2009 12:27 pm

While I do agree that you want consistent players in h2h, but having a couple streaky guys aren't to bad. Soriano is the type of guy that can carry your team single-handedly for a week. Also A-ram has been out for a week. Once their offense gets fully healthy, Soriano's numbers should improve as well. Bradley isn't a .200 hitter and A-ram is probably their best RBI producer. There aren't many consistent players out there. Most of which are from the first round.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby kaiser » Mon May 04, 2009 1:08 pm

Justblaze wrote: Soriano is the type of guy that can carry your team single-handedly for a week. Also A-ram has been out for a week. Once their offense gets fully healthy, Soriano's numbers should improve as well.

Good point.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bjmacdow » Mon May 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Soriano is streaky'; but his on streaks are pretty amazing. He will be fine for you; but he can be painful in a h2h league.
bjmacdow
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 44)

Postby nolanwood » Mon May 04, 2009 7:46 pm

Justblaze wrote:While I do agree that you want consistent players in h2h, but having a couple streaky guys aren't to bad. Soriano is the type of guy that can carry your team single-handedly for a week. Also A-ram has been out for a week. Once their offense gets fully healthy, Soriano's numbers should improve as well. Bradley isn't a .200 hitter and A-ram is probably their best RBI producer. There aren't many consistent players out there. Most of which are from the first round.

Yes, excellent point. ;-D
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jnormy » Tue May 05, 2009 12:49 pm

kaiser wrote:And by the way, I totally agree with your comment regarding useless posts. The amount of joke, sarcastic and off-topic responses in the Cafe seems to have increased in the last year or two. Frustrating when you are looking for good info and informed opinions, which the Cafe is second to none at providing.

All due respect, but it's just as frustrating for a Soriano owner to see his name in the "Injuries & Player Updates" forum wondering if there's something new being reported about him, only to find out it's just a guy venting 'cause Fonzie has been hitless over a few games. I was looking for "good info" and got nothin'! A fairly pedestrian three-game oh-fer by a notoriously streaky player doesn't qualify as a "player update", IMO.

Perhaps the "Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting" forum would have been in order here: "Watching the game? Talk about all the action, analyze umpires' decisions and pitch counts, smile when your pitcher gets out of a jam, and vent when your star slugger goes 0-for-5." Or even "Leftovers."

Athough I suppose I should be happy that it wasn't any real news about him, 'cause it could've been BAD news... :*)
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby kaiser » Tue May 05, 2009 1:16 pm

There's no crying in baseball, dude. Try to get on with your life.
Last edited by kaiser on Tue May 05, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jnormy » Tue May 05, 2009 1:18 pm

kaiser wrote:Lord almighty. Too many people whining around here lately.

LMAO, this from the guy who created a whole new post about a measly 3-game slump. :-B
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates