SP Evan Anundsen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

SP Evan Anundsen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

SP Evan Anundsen

Postby Sid Bream's Slide » Fri May 01, 2009 12:54 am

Threw a 10K no-hitter today. Had another game with 9K in 5.2 IP. 25K in 25 IP overall.

From brewerfan.net:
The very first nine-inning no-hitter in all of minor league baseball for 2009 belongs to Brevard County RHP Evan Anundsen, who struck out ten and walked only one in a 1-0 Manatee victory over the Daytona Cubs Tuesday morning in Daytona Beach.

Anundsen, who will turn 21 years old in May, was drafted in the 4th round of the 2006 draft out of Columbine High School in Colorado. He has progressed through the system very effectively, spending a full year in Maryvale, Helena, and West Virginia, a near-perfect progression path for a young highly regarded high school draft pick. Anundsen has always used the sink on his ball to induce groundouts at an organizational-leading level, although as noted above, also K'd ten today, mixing in a slow curveball.

Caleb Gindl singled in Logan Schafer, who had tripled, in the Brevard 8th, breaking up a scoreless game and giving Anundsen the only cushion he would need. But there was extra drama in the bottom of the 9th before the 3,716 (many of them schoolchildren) in attendance, as shortsop Brent Brewer ranged behind short towards the third base line to attempt to catch what would have been the final play of the game. Fighting the sun, the ball fell off of Brewer's glove, and Anundsen had to buckle down to strike out top Cub prospect Tyler Colvin to end it.

Any thoughts on this guy?
Sid Bream's Slide
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: SP Evan Anundsen

Postby Sid Bream's Slide » Sun May 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Followed up the no-hitter with a more mediocre 5IP, 3H, 1ER, 4K, 1BB
Sid Bream's Slide
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Diamond Miners » Sun May 03, 2009 10:36 pm

Sid Bream's Slide wrote:Followed up the no-hitter with a more mediocre 5IP, 3H, 1ER, 4K, 1BB

1.80 ERA, 7.20 K/9 and a 0.80 WHIP is mediocre?
I reserve comment on this guy until I know a little more about him, but those numbers aren't bad even for High A in the Florida State League.
Good luck, feel free to PM me
DM

Minor League forum
Diamond Miners
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sid Bream's Slide » Mon May 04, 2009 9:53 am

Diamond Miners wrote:
Sid Bream's Slide wrote:Followed up the no-hitter with a more mediocre 5IP, 3H, 1ER, 4K, 1BB

1.80 ERA, 7.20 K/9 and a 0.80 WHIP is mediocre?
I reserve comment on this guy until I know a little more about him, but those numbers aren't bad even for High A in the Florida State League.

Haha no definitely not mediocre.

"More mediocre" was a bad choice of words... his numbers look very impressive so far, though. Save for some articles and posts on Brewers fansites, I haven't found too much on this guy.
Sid Bream's Slide
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Mon May 04, 2009 11:05 pm

Heavy sinker that is his bread and butter but it's only average or just above average at 88-91mph. Everything else is avg as well from what I read. Poor man's Jair Jurrjens....? :-? Not alot of upside for fantasy purposes more than likely because of what will likely be the lack of K's as he progresses.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby Steve-o » Tue May 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Kevin Goldstein of BP wrote:Evan Anundsen, RHP, Brewers (High-A Brevard County)
Tuesday's stats: 9 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 10 K
Anundsen is not a great prospect by any means. A fourth-round pick in 2006 out of a Colorado high school, he went 12-8 with a 4.27 ERA last year in his full-season debut while allowing more than a hit per inning. What he's good at is throwing strikes and keeping the ball on the ground, and he's never been better at it than he was on Tuesday. An 10:30 am start may have helped him, but give credit where credit is due, as with a 88-91 mph fastball with heavy sink and run combined with a solid-but-unspectacular breaking ball/changeup combination, Anundsen now has a 1.44 ERA in four starts for the Manatees, and many are projecting him as at least a big league reliever, and maybe even a solid innings eater as a starter. Whatever the assessments, they're up dramatically from a year ago..
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Minor League & College Baseball