Top 5 MLB Lineups - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 5 MLB Lineups

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Top 5 MLB Lineups

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:14 pm

If Josh Fields continues to improve, the White Sox could be in this discussion. 6th overall in runs scored last year, though that team is getting older and having everyone healthy at one time seems to be difficult (Thome on the DL).

Maybe the Indians when LaPorta gets his promotion?
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Legia13 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:26 pm

Rangers
Dodgers
Red Sox
Phils
Cubs
Legia13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Merlin401 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Agree with the sentiments so far...

Look out for Baltimore if Weiters gets called up and produces as expected. They suddenly become quite potent, especially at the top.
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:59 pm

The easy ones are the Red Sox, Rangers and Yankees. I don't see how those 3 aren't near the top. I'm obviously talking for fantasy purposes as if you take the Rangers out of that park they might not make the top 3 anymore.

After those 3 there aren't really just 2 teams in my opinion. The Cubs, Dodgers and Phillies all will have very strong lineups but are handcuffed a bit by being in the NL. The Rockies are probably in this bracket because of their park as well. The Rays, Orioles and Indians are probably the next best in the AL and belong in here.

Then you get the next group which includes overachievers like the Blue Jays(I'm not buying them longterm) and overrated offenses like the Tigers. Teams like the Angels and White Sox who scored more than I would have expected last year and maybe they repeat it. It won't surprise me if the Mets, Diamondbacks or Braves jump up to that next level either and if Hart and Hall keep up what they are doing this year I have to think the Brewers are in this mix. Any team in this tier could easily jump up to the 2nd one. Cardinals and Reds probably belong in here too.
Last edited by Ender on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:11 pm

Ender wrote:The easy ones are the Red Sox, Rangers and Yankees. I don't see how those 3 aren't near the top. I'm obviously talking for fantasy purposes as if you take the Rangers out of that park they might not make the top 3 anymore.

After those 3 there aren't really just 2 teams in my opinion. The Cubs, Dodgers and Phillies all will have very strong lineups but are handcuffed a bit by being in the NL. The Rockies are probably in this bracket because of their park as well. The Rays, Orioles and Indians are probably the next best 2 in the AL and belong in here.

Then you get the next group which includes overachievers like the Blue Jays(I'm not buying them longterm) and overrated offenses like the Tigers. Teams like the Angels and White Sox who scored more than I would have expected last year and maybe they repeat it. It won't surprise me if the Mets, Diamondbacks or Braves jump up to that next level either and if Hart and Hall keep up what they are doing this year I have to think the Brewers are in this mix. Any team in this tier could easily jump up to the 2nd one. Cardinals and Reds probably belong in here too.

So not the Pirates, Nationals, Marlins, or KC? Got it :-D
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Ender » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:28 pm

After the top 3, yeah though I didn't include the Giants, Mariners, A's, Twins, Padres or Astros either. There are a bunch of good but not great offenses and it doesn't take all that much for any of them to be that #4.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers