Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 4

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 4

Postby WebHamster » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:53 am

This thread contains comments on the Cafe's "Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 4 ", which was posted in the Cafe's Player Rankings section by AquaMan2342 on April 30, 2009. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 475)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cafe Positional Rankings: Week 4

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:46 pm

We're consistently getting 3/5. I'd like to know from those who are voting it as such what we can do to improve it. Writing a long intro and picking out certain players to elaborate on have garnered no response whatsoever, but we are always looking for more ideas to make the article more beneficial for the reader.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:21 pm

I just vote it down for the heck of it. :-B

EDIT: Alright, if I could be serious for a minute, try putting the rankings in a table perhaps (rank, player, comments) to give the rankings a cleaner look. You should also make a short comment on each player. You don't have to update the comments on every single player each week, just enough to give it a little more player insight. A little wrap-up before listing the rankings would be a nice touch; something like a stock watch highlighting which players are up and down, and why.

BTW, you and rooks ever thought of doing the Cafe's version of Funston's Big Board?

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby rookies and cream » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:47 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I just vote it down for the heck of it. :-B

EDIT: Alright, if I could be serious for a minute, try putting the rankings in a table perhaps (rank, player, comments) to give the rankings a cleaner look. You should also make a short comment on each player. You don't have to update the comments on every single player each week, just enough to give it a little more player insight. A little wrap-up before listing the rankings would be a nice touch; something like a stock watch highlighting which players are up and down, and why.

BTW, you and rooks ever thought of doing the Cafe's version of Funston's Big Board?

Go look in the Writers Room and you'll see that these are my exact same thoughts.

The reason the rankings are as shallow as they are is my idea. I actually had Funston's Big Board in mind. I like how there is movement on and off the board, which keeps readers interested and captivated throughout the season.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)

Postby Bonger » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:20 pm

Good to see C. Pena and E. Jackson get some recognition on the rankings. :-)
Bonger
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Article Discussions