Alberto Callaspo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alberto Callaspo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Alberto Callaspo

Postby Tavish » Mon May 04, 2009 9:50 am

Trebor wrote:I guess my real question is, once Gordo is back, will Callaspo be the odd man out? some1 above sorta covered this...but since im thinking of dropping his teammate Aviles for him...hmmm.

Right now my money would be on Aviles and Teahen losing more playing time than Callaspo will. He has been completely unreal at the plate lately and with the way the Royals are struggling for consistency on offense I can't see them sitting down the most effective bat in the lineup.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RASportsnut » Mon May 04, 2009 4:13 pm

Another owner dropped Uggla for Cassaspo today. I scooped up Uggla.
10 Team H2H Pts Dynasty
Arencibia,Hosmer,Kinsler,Tulo,Bruce,Stubbs,Rasmus,Morrison,Beckham,McGehee,Lind,Lawrie,Zimm (DL),Belt (DL)Trout (ML)

F.Hernandez,Kershaw,Gallardo,Latos,B.Anderson,Scherzer,Marcum,Romero,Bumgarner,Matusz,JZimm,Madson,Matt Moore
RASportsnut
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Mon May 04, 2009 6:13 pm

Tavish wrote:
Trebor wrote:I guess my real question is, once Gordo is back, will Callaspo be the odd man out? some1 above sorta covered this...but since im thinking of dropping his teammate Aviles for him...hmmm.

Right now my money would be on Aviles and Teahen losing more playing time than Callaspo will. He has been completely unreal at the plate lately and with the way the Royals are struggling for consistency on offense I can't see them sitting down the most effective bat in the lineup.

It's still a couple more months before Gordon is back....I wouldn't even worry about who will take over for who yet...alot can happen in a couple months. Maybe we deal 1 of Gordon, Butler, Teahen, DeJesus, Jacobs to free up some of the jam and go after some more pitching.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)

Postby Padres Fan » Mon May 04, 2009 6:20 pm

J35J wrote:
Tavish wrote:

It's still a couple more months before Gordon is back....I wouldn't even worry about who will take over for who yet...alot can happen in a couple months. Maybe we deal 1 of Gordon, Butler, Teahen, DeJesus, Jacobs to free up some of the jam and go after some more pitching.

I would like to see Jacobs and Butler go so Kila Ka'aihuecan come up, he is a OBP machine
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Tavish » Mon May 04, 2009 10:02 pm

J35J wrote:
Tavish wrote:

None of them are going anywhere unless KC completely falls out of the race before the All-Star Break. I'm not real worried about who will go where when Gordon gets back, it obviously a great problem to have. There has to be some expectation that when that time rolls around someone will play themselves out of the spot. My money is on Teahen, but moving someone to SS and sending Aviles down is the real intriguing scenario.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby checkers » Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Is this guy for real?
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Trojan Pony » Wed May 06, 2009 12:15 am

I'd rather have .270 with some pop and/or speed than a hollow .310. I would (and have) leave Callaspo alone unless playing in a very deep league.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby B1leper » Wed May 06, 2009 9:33 am

Trojan Pony wrote:I'd rather have .270 with some pop and/or speed than a hollow .310. I would (and have) leave Callaspo alone unless playing in a very deep league.

That "hollow" batting average leads the AL in doubles, and is slugging nearly .600 right now. Obviously there is no way he will sustain his slugging numbers, but his minor league stats suggest that he is more than a punch and judy type hitter with OPS consistently above .800.

I think the most fair comparison for Callaspo is Hendrick. It's ironic because for awhile, it was debateable which was the better prospect in the Angels system. The bloom kind of came off Callaspo in '07 when he got arrested for spousal abuse while with the DBacks system. He was subsequently traded away and it has taken some time for him to emerge. There has never been a question that he could hit, as his minor league numbers can attest.
B1leper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers