Hanrahan removed from Nationals' closer job - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Hanrahan removed from Nationals' closer job

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Hanrahan removed from Nationals' closer job

Postby chem » Fri May 01, 2009 4:00 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:and yet again we have this thread for this guy as a source of saves even tho hes just gonna to a 'just get the job done' type deal?? hmm sounds like a solid choice there, there are like 4-5 guys that will compete for saves and a 3.04 ERA and 1.34 WHIP for a 3-year spilt doesn't sound like something thats going to hold up...

You could have said the same thing about Ryan Franklin, and his 7 saves are looking pretty good. Some of us play in more challenging, deeper or NL-Only leagues. Saves are saves, it really doesn't matter by who or how they are acquired.
chem
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri May 01, 2009 4:31 pm

chem wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:and yet again we have this thread for this guy as a source of saves even tho hes just gonna to a 'just get the job done' type deal?? hmm sounds like a solid choice there, there are like 4-5 guys that will compete for saves and a 3.04 ERA and 1.34 WHIP for a 3-year spilt doesn't sound like something thats going to hold up...

You could have said the same thing about Ryan Franklin, and his 7 saves are looking pretty good. Some of us play in more challenging, deeper or NL-Only leagues. Saves are saves, it really doesn't matter by who or how they are acquired.

yeah come back with how you play in such competitive leagues, good one... moving on what happens when Beimel struggles say 2 outings trying to knock the rust off and Washington moves on to another one of the 5 guys able to try to close out a game? All im saying is frankly the closer situation in Washington is way too murky if your going to grab Beimel for saves you may as well pick up the other guys that are in the running also... i understand that saves are as slim as they get, but the turnover rate here i think is going to be very great...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby wildbill » Fri May 01, 2009 5:00 pm

My main point is the Nats are the last team you should look at for acquiring saves period. Unless you can refute that my argument stands that you have to be desperate to go looking for saves there. I never said you shouldn't just that it should be your absolute last resort option. BTW another name Logan Kennsington (or somethign like that) was thrown out their as another name in the CBC talk today in the ESPN chats. It even went so far as to say he might become the guy.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates