Ricky Nolasco this guy blows - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ricky Nolasco this guy blows

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ricky Nolasco this guy blows

Postby TeamMikeDeveraux » Wed May 13, 2009 11:17 pm

You guys are really going to regret dropping him. Id like to see your team. I guarantee there is a guy with MUCH less upside that could be dropped. Its only a month and a half into the season and the guy is a slow starter
TeamMikeDeveraux
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby B-Chad » Thu May 14, 2009 1:39 am

I'm on the Nolasco buyer list. Thankfully I haven't owned him, so no frustration with him for me, hence I feel like I'll have no problem being patient with him (besides, considering I've recently trotted Phil Hughes out to the hill, repeatedly, and Luke Hochevar, Nolasco should fit right in !+) ). Seriously though, I can understand people with no bench, or exceptionally shallow benches wanting to rip their hair out and contemplating cutting him, but those with medium to deep benches should really hold on Nolasco. His K-rate hasn't been bad, his walk rate is respectable, and he's really getting killed by base hits. Sure, some of it is bad luck, some of it is bad pitching, and there is definitely reason to be concerned about the massive innings hike he took last year, but I think he'll be respectable soon enough. What is available on the waiver wire with the ceiling Nolasco displayed last year? If Nolasco struggles mightily again in his next start, I could see the Marlins sending him to the DL with "arm fatigue" or something similar to what the Yankees and Mets are doing with Wang/Perez. If that's the case, that might not necessarily be a bad thing, as they can reduce his innings some, and get things straightened out. All in all, I'd like to get in on these basement floor level prices, if he fails so what, I paid nothing to acquire him, if he succeeds then I get a steal. For owners who spent a high pick on him, it's unlikely he'll be able to completely justify that selection, but dealing him for a bag of peanuts will ensure he's a bust for you. As GNR sang... Patience.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dicehound » Thu May 14, 2009 1:06 pm

B-Chad wrote:and there is definitely reason to be concerned about the massive innings hike he took last year

While I agree that dropping him at this point is a little premature, I avoided him this year because of the massive innings hike and the fact that a number of sources (don't remember who right now and too lazy to look it up) questioned his ability to stay healthy this year.
dicehound
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RenPastana » Mon May 18, 2009 8:23 pm

Lookin good thus far vs Arizona but then again, my gramma could rake 10K's vs such a young hack-at-every-bad-pitch line up...

Here is for hoping...may be a sign of good things to come, but still riding the pine
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates