Ricky Nolasco this guy blows - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ricky Nolasco this guy blows

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ricky Nolasco this guy blows

Postby healyja » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Whats up with his crap start? 2 walks 2 hits 2 er to start the mets game tonight. I drafted him as my number 3 starter and I am thoroughly regretting it now. Are there any Marlins fans or people who have seen him pitch that can tell me if they think he will turn it around.
healyja
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ricky Nolasco this guy blows

Postby ha_jai » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:52 pm

3 ER now in 2 IP. Haven't had a QS all season. I drafted him as a #2 SP. He started the same way last season. So maybe this is a LaRoche thing?
ha_jai
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:23 pm

Patience my friend. I know it's discouraging when a highish draft pick sucks early, but Ricky was about as good as a pitcher can be in August and September of last year. I'd definitely be looking to buy low on Nolasco right now so hold tight if you own him.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby wildbill » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:13 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:Patience my friend. I know it's discouraging when a highish draft pick sucks early, but Ricky was about as good as a pitcher can be in August and September of last year. I'd definitely be looking to buy low on Nolasco right now so hold tight if you own him.

Yeah he sucked in april last year. He could just be a slow starter. I wouldn't dump him, but I think benching him until he turns it around might be prudent.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baseballspliffs » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:18 am

I remember thinking to myself "Why draft this guy when Josh Johnson was ranked WAAAAY behind???" Talk about how they finished last season, I know Ricky had a good finish, but Josh was untouchable last season, after he came back from tommy john surgery

Josh Johnson >>> Ricky Nolasco
baseballspliffs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Fallout » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:51 am

To be fair, I was at the game and Sheffield's triple was on a ball that Maybin misplayed and could have easily nabbed. I'm not saying Nolasco pitched well, because he didn't, but you have to remember that you drafted him for a reason. His K/BB ratio was elite last year, and plenty of pitchers turn it around and are elite for the remainder of the year. Billingsley last year stands out to me as a good example.
Fallout
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RenPastana » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:50 am

I created a similar post on Nolasco and have come to accept his #'s thus far...even though he doesn't have a long track record that consistently shows that hes a slow starter (4-5 yrs of #'s is waht I mean), I am willing to give him a chance ON MY BENCH until he picks it up, as he should....There are tons of people saying he's going to break down because of the sudden increase in IP last yr, or bc he's on some dude's list meaning his arm is about to fall off...let'em talk...this is what you can do...for now, if you really need IP, then throw him out there against weaker offenses, but if you can afford to keep him on your bench until he heats up, then by all means do it...BUT DO NOT drop him...especially if you're in K/BB leagues!

good luck
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mr. Baseball » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:32 am

keep him on bench
Mr. Baseball
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby galacticat » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:47 am

I think he is an excellent buy-low candidate and am in the process of trying to acquire him!
galacticat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby colt4523 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:21 pm

I trying to work out a trade for him by sending his owner C Young (sp) and Bonafacio for him.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates