help with prospects WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

help with prospects WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

help with prospects WHIR

Postby ruud83 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:59 pm

i pretty much screwed the last years in the draft...16 team keeper league and here is my roster

c shoppach
1b jacobs
2b roberts
3b chipper
ss reyes
of bay
of ellsbury
of dukes
util thome

sp meche
sp o´sanchez
sp slowey
sp blackburn
sp cahill
sp k.davies
rp masterson
rp perez
rp wood

bn b.wood
bn snider
bn kendry morales

so i´m planning to drop thome, k.davies and maybe jacobs becuase i think the season is gone...so here is the deal:

picking up some prospects...in concideration are:

hitter:
kyle blanks
mate gamel
mccutchen
nolan raimold

pitcher:
bowden
melancon
tillman

since we can keep 8 players i´m concidering to keep
shoppach
snider
dukes
cahill
meche
masterson?! depends on wether bull pen or not

so this brings me to you guys, who of the prospects above would you rather add if you were in my position....
ruud83
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: help with prospects WHIR

Postby Steve-o » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:38 pm

I completely disagree with your keepers (or I don't understand your system). You have Jose Reyes at shortstop and you are not going to keep him? You're not keeping Jason Bay? or Brian Roberts? Obviously, you are not talking about different keepers for minor and major leagues, since you list Dukes and Meche as keepers.

Anyways, my disagreement aside, I think the three best players you listed are Chris Tillman, Andrew McCutchen, and Mat Gamel. I also think the safest two players are the hitters because I am not a fan of rookie AL east pitchers. I guess I don't have a huge problem with you dropping those three guys you mentioned for any of those three. Although I would probably drop Morales before I dropped Jacobs and Thome.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ruud83 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:34 am

we can not keep everey player...first player to keep is a player you drafted after the 8th round...that´s why i can´t hold on to bay and reyes....
ruud83
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ruud83 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:28 am

anyone else?
ruud83
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kab21 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:35 pm

I wouldn't just tank the season at this point. It's still more fun to finish 9th instead of 16th. So I wouldn't drop thome or Jacobs (although I'm not a big fan of his). I would instead drop Morales and Wood (maybe Davies also) since I don't think either will be all that good (though you could drop Jacobs and keep Morales).

And I would grab McCutchen, Tillman, and Gamel in that order (Blanks is close also).

And if you did want to tank the season then I would trade Reyes, Roberts, Bay, ellsbury, Chipper for players you can keep. Unless of course you can't keep players that you trade for. There are alot of special rules in these types of leagues it seems.

It's still too early to think about keepers but Shoppach doesn't interest me too much. snider, Cahill, Mccutchen, Tillman, Slowey, Meche, Gamel, Dukes and maybe Masterson are potential keepers in my book. But it's too early to make any judgements. Slowey has looked terrible but I think he will be good still this season for example.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 159)

Postby ruud83 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:18 pm

so here is the thing...we can only keep players who are either drafted after the 8th round or picked up from the ww...so trading means i would get less value back...slowey been drafted before the 8th round since we are in the 3rd year and some of the good players were rookies in our 1st year so the pool of good players becomes tiny very fast...

since jacobs sits from time to time and i´m not sold on thome, i think they are the first i might drop....morales btw homered tonight and had last week and this s well more points then jacobs...

after all my investigation until now, tillman might be someone who is going to be called soon....mccutchen is struggling a bit right now and seems to be not that kind of power guy?! gamel is a bit shaky on defense but seems to hit pretty good....

so right now i´m concidering to do this:

drop b.wood and thome and pick up gamel and tillman....and the i might watch the situation very close....the choice might then be between parker (who is now in aa), bowden (who after all i read seems to be for real) or mccutchen

so one last question could someone rank the fantasy impact of:

parker
chacin
arrieta
matusz
smoak
wallace

since those are the prospects who are still available...thank you very much guys ;-D
ruud83
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RugbyD » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:44 pm

ruud83 wrote:so here is the thing...we can only keep players who are either drafted after the 8th round or picked up from the ww...so trading means i would get less value back...slowey been drafted before the 8th round since we are in the 3rd year and some of the good players were rookies in our 1st year so the pool of good players becomes tiny very fast...

since jacobs sits from time to time and i´m not sold on thome, i think they are the first i might drop....morales btw homered tonight and had last week and this s well more points then jacobs...

after all my investigation until now, tillman might be someone who is going to be called soon....mccutchen is struggling a bit right now and seems to be not that kind of power guy?! gamel is a bit shaky on defense but seems to hit pretty good....

so right now i´m concidering to do this:

drop b.wood and thome and pick up gamel and tillman....and the i might watch the situation very close....the choice might then be between parker (who is now in aa), bowden (who after all i read seems to be for real) or mccutchen

so one last question could someone rank the fantasy impact of:

parker
chacin
arrieta
matusz
smoak
wallace

since those are the prospects who are still available...thank you very much guys ;-D

as a combination of upside and distance from MLB viability:

Smoak
Wallace
Matusz
Parker
Chacin
Arrietta
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Steve-o » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Smoak

Matusz
Wallace
Parker

Chacin

Arrietta
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Smoak
Wallace
Parker

Matusz
Arrietta
Chacin
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby DevilDriver » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:13 pm

Smoak
Parker
Wallace
Matusz
Chacin
Arrieta
DevilDriver
General Manager