Candidates to bounce back in May - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Candidates to bounce back in May

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Candidates to bounce back in May

Postby Polar Bear » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:31 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
bceagles04 wrote:
JTWood wrote:There was at least 3 pages of solid names and lists given to start the thread.

What are you complaining about?

I got to the bottom of page 3, when someone said "Pujols." Figuring that this poor attempt at a joke would go unnoticed, I went to page 4 only to see a few more joke responses. I'm not hugely upset, just a little bugged that people can't just answer seriously.

As much as it bothers me when someone makes a thread in the 2nd week of the season saying "Whats going on with PLAYER X," making a mockery of that person, and their questions is just as bad, IMO.

The bottom line is we're a month into the season. Unless a guy has shown injury, perceived permanent lineup order shift, or something else of that nature, there are very few reasons to do anything other than to divide your original projections into monthlies, and remove what you set aside for April and plug in what he's done this far. Beyond that, there's no conversation to have here for at least another month. Hell, that method is what Prospectus does mid-season.

I really just started the thread to generate discussion. Sorry if that annoys the regulars around here. I'll be more careful next time.
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:45 pm

Polar Bear wrote:I really just started the thread to generate discussion. Sorry if that annoys the regulars around here. I'll be more careful next time.

Don't listen to those weirdos, post whatever you like ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:51 am

You'll bounce back in May Polar Bear.. all polar bears will! ;-D
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:11 am

Polar Bear wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
bceagles04 wrote:I got to the bottom of page 3, when someone said "Pujols." Figuring that this poor attempt at a joke would go unnoticed, I went to page 4 only to see a few more joke responses. I'm not hugely upset, just a little bugged that people can't just answer seriously.

As much as it bothers me when someone makes a thread in the 2nd week of the season saying "Whats going on with PLAYER X," making a mockery of that person, and their questions is just as bad, IMO.

The bottom line is we're a month into the season. Unless a guy has shown injury, perceived permanent lineup order shift, or something else of that nature, there are very few reasons to do anything other than to divide your original projections into monthlies, and remove what you set aside for April and plug in what he's done this far. Beyond that, there's no conversation to have here for at least another month. Hell, that method is what Prospectus does mid-season.

I really just started the thread to generate discussion. Sorry if that annoys the regulars around here. I'll be more careful next time.

No, no. Not the intention of my post in the slightest. In fact, there were some nice names listed at the beginning, and then some fun was had and it was all good. Then people get all huffy puffy, though, and things go downhill quickly. You post whatever you like, but in doing that, you have to be able to shoulder both positive and negative responses. Everything in my post is true, yet was in no way a shot at you. Doesn't make anything I said false, though. I was just laying my opinion out there for those who were getting all worked up that what amounted to a list of every uninjured player who has had a slow April, was interrupted.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby shoelessjoetara » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:17 pm

David Wright
Lance Berkman
Chris Iannetta
Scott Baker
Justin Verlander- pitched great against C.C. the other night
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager