I seem to be stuck in the middle of the standings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I seem to be stuck in the middle of the standings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I seem to be stuck in the middle of the standings

Postby brawlers » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:26 am

Any suggestions on my team? This is my first year doing fantasy baseball. I'm just starting to learn about the players. I thought my pics were fairly good but I seem to bounce around rank 9-13 of a 16 team league. Most of the hot players are taken up already. Are there changes I need to make to improve my scores every week or do I need to start trying to trade up some players?

C Chris Snyder
1B Joey Votto
2B Mark DeRosa
3B Chase Headley
SS Derek Jeter
OF Nick Markakis
OF Carlos Beltrán
OF Ty Wigginton
Util Marlon Byrd
BN Alexi Casilla
BN Kazuo Matsui
BN Nate Schierholtz
BN B.J. Upton (injury) I really want to keep him in my starting lineup but he seems to be hurt often so far.
DL Ryan Doumit

SP Tim Wakefield
SP Glen Perkins
RP Francisco Rodríguez
RP Frank Francisco
P Takashi Saito
P Ryan Dempster
P Kyle Davies
BN Hideki Okajima
BN David Price -
DL Cory Wade
DL Daisuke Matsuzaka

Thanks in advance fo the advice.
brawlers
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I seem to be stuck in the middle of the standings

Postby Crazed98 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:58 am

I've never played in a 16 team league. I can imagine how tough it is... but I'm sure a lot of people are in need of pitching so try dangling Price and Dice-K out there to see if you can get an upgrade at 3B or C (by no means sell low on Dice-K). Possibly also trying to pair up Kazuo Matsui with one of those pitchers to someone in need of 2B.
Crazed98
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Hit Factory » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:17 am

Hey man, a 16 team league is crazy so i'm sure everyone else's team is a little thin as well. I'll start with the positive points first, I like your Catcher (once Doumit returns,) 1st base, SS, and in your outfield Markakis-Beltran are a deadly combo, and when B.J. Upton starts to get going you will have one of the best outfields in your league. Now for the "not so good," I am not a DeRosa fan at all, he might hit .285 but the 21 homers from last year were a fluke. However in a 16 team league there aren't going to be many teams that have really solid 2nd baseman so I wouldn't worry too much. The real issue is with 3rd base, Chase Headley is not someone you want starting. Your starting pitching is shaky as well, you don't have a real "ace," you really need Dice-K to come back strong! You have terrific closers though and I think once David Price is called up he will make an immediate impact. Just for future reference I usually try to avoid such huge leagues, as you can see all the teams are stretched extremely thin making it hard to trade since not many teams have excess players to deal. Also, the free agent/WW is very shallow, so as in your case if you get stuck with a guy like Chase Headley at 3rd there really isn't much you can do about it. I would try and stay with 12 teams or less.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby brawlers » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:18 pm

Cool thanks for the info guys, Yeah the 16 team league was kind of a fluke thing that happened. The Commissioner of the league wanted to get a few of us from church interested in Baseball. Well needless to say he got more than he bargained for lol. Like I said its my first year trying this but my competitive spirit has already been triggered and I wanna win. ;-D

I was super excited about having Dice-k, but his lack luster start has made me rely on Wakefield and my closers. Unfortunately all of the Ace pitchers are gone, You guys have any suggestions on pitchers that most overlook that would boost my staff? Or any solid up and comers I should pick up?
brawlers
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team