mlb.com gameday... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

mlb.com gameday...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

mlb.com gameday...

Postby LetsGoYankees » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:43 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I use mlb's gameday a lot and love to look at the highlights since they update it really quickly. However, I'm on it right now and it looks like you need to subscribe for "gameday premium" now which is $20/yearly if you want to watch the highlights.

:-t :-t
LetsGoYankees
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: mlb.com gameday...

Postby neoforce » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:53 pm

The only good news is that the regular gameday is free, and even without the highlights it is the best game tracker out there.

Also, I already subscribe to gameday audio, because that is a great deal, only $15 for audio of every game with no blackout. As a gameday audio subscriber, if I want gameday premium with the highlights, it is only $5 extra. But I really don't care about the highlights, so am not going to buy it.

$20 a year is stiff for just the highlights. But if you like audio on your PC, and don't have mlb.tv or extra innings, $20 for both audio and the highlights isn't horrible.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bogey9906 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:30 am

neoforce wrote:$20 a year is stiff for just the highlights. But if you like audio on your PC, and don't have mlb.tv or extra innings, $20 for both audio and the highlights isn't horrible.

I bought the Gameday Premium tonight just in time to hear the Dodgers blow the game against the Giants. :-t

$20 isn't bad for almost six months worth of audio along with video highlights of key plays. I've heard so many complaints about MLB.tv that I couldn't justify the big bucks for that (not to mention time spent watching all of the games!). The audio feeds were good last year and with audio only I can get some other things done on the computer while listening to the games.
Bogey9906
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DSheppard » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:40 am

im just annoyed t hat they won't let me upgrade from gameday audio to anything. They refused to give me the 15 dollars off of mlb.tv or gameday premium, the money i spent for a service included would just be down the drain. Not to mention i paid for it again on the iphone app...
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bogey9906 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:56 am

DSheppard wrote:im just annoyed t hat they won't let me upgrade from gameday audio to anything. They refused to give me the 15 dollars off of mlb.tv or gameday premium, the money i spent for a service included would just be down the drain. Not to mention i paid for it again on the iphone app...

I'm pretty sure you can upgrade to Gameday Premium for only $5.
Bogey9906
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers