gay marriage according to miss (almost) usa - POLL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

gay marriage according to miss (almost) usa - POLL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

is the gay marriage ban discrimination?

discrimination
54%
no discrimination
46%

Total votes : 50

gay marriage according to miss (almost) usa - POLL

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Prejean stands up for her beliefs
Miss California USA shares convictions with church congregation
By David Hasemyer (Contact) Union-Tribune Staff Writer

Miss California USA Carrie Prejean, a Vista High School graduate and San Diego Christian College student, lost out to Miss North Carolina USA Kristen Dalton at Sunday night's ceremony in Las Vegas.
POINT LOMA — Carrie Prejean's response to the question by a Miss USA pageant judge has fanned the flames of the same-sex-marriage debate and, she said, has subjected her to harsh media attention and nationwide persecution.

But given another chance, Prejean (pronounced pray-ZHAWN) said she wouldn't dodge the question and wouldn't change her answer.

“I don't take back what I said. No way I wasn't going to stand up for what I believe in,” Prejean, Miss California USA, told the congregation of The Rock Church in Point Loma yesterday.

During the pageant, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton asked Prejean whether states should legalize same-sex marriage. Prejean didn't hesitate with an answer.

“ . . . I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman . . . ,” Prejean, 21, said under the spotlight of the Miss USA pageant April 19 in Las Vegas.

Full Story
Last edited by Yoda on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: gay marriage according to miss (almost) usa

Postby Matthias » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Her answer wasn't that bad. Perez Hilton is a douche.

Sort of sad that whom can marry whom is the ethical problem of our time.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:35 pm

I thought her answer was excellent also. She is still naive in thinking that gay marriage isn't ok because we all know in the near future, it will be and everyone will accept it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CadensDad » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:38 pm

I'd rather know why Perez Hilton is judging the contest in the first place. I mean isn't there someone who is famous that would rather do this?

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:40 pm

It is nice to see a person willing to stand up for what they believe in and not kowtow to the PC police.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Yoda wrote:because we all know in the near future, it will be and everyone will accept it.

Yeah, right. ;-7
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
Yoda wrote:because we all know in the near future, it will be and everyone will accept it.

Yeah, right. ;-7

Here we go again... %-6
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:17 pm

Amazinz wrote:It is nice to see a person willing to stand up for what they believe in and not kowtow to the PC police.

I agree with the first part of this, but as to the "PC police" comment...you do realize that no legitimate presidential candidate has ever been publicly in favor of gay marraige, right? And save for a few states, no legitimate Senate candidate either. Why do you think that is? The "PC" stance is generally (and very much dependant on geography) to either oppose it outright, or say marriage should be between a man and a woman, but be in favor of domestic partnerships. Being staunchly in favor of full gay marriage rights is essentially the opposite of "PC."

However, I do appreciate someone being honest and having the courage of their convictions, regardless of what it may cost them, even if I disagree vehemently with their convictions. I'd much rather someone give an honest responce and stand by it, even if I think it is a bigoted and disgusting opinion, than see someone lie or otherwise falsely represent themselves for personal gain.

Also, beauty pageants are ridiculous. I'd like to see the titles "Miss America," "Miss USA," and "Miss Universe" all go the way of the dodo. Might as well throw "Queen of England" in there, too.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Yoda wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:

Yeah, right. ;-7

Here we go again... %-6

I just don't see how you can come to the conclusion that everyone will think it will be ok and accept it. Because based on last year's elections, we're very far from that.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:25 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:I just don't see how you can come to the conclusion that everyone will think it will be ok and accept it. Because based on last year's elections, we're very far from that.

Do you still reject interracial marriages? Gay marriages are no different.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk