HELP ME GET OF LAST....WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

HELP ME GET OF LAST....WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

HELP ME GET OF LAST....WHIR

Postby healyja » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:56 pm

Hey everyone I am currently slumping in fantasy right now, I am in highly competitive 12 man league where managers are constantly attacking the waiver wire. It is a head to head league with the basic categories plus OPS and K/9. I reside in last place due to some rough starts from my staff and poor hitting from my top picks.

C- Sandoval
1B-Votto
2B-Weeks
SS-Hardy
3B-M.Cabrera
OF-Beltran
OF-Holliday
OF-Kubel
Util-Ortiz
Util-Hermida

Bench-Adsrubal Cabrera
Bench-Josh Anderson

Waiver Hitters Top Ranked in Yahoo- Branyan,Coco,Rolen,Hairston,Cust,Melky,Byrd,Scott
Notables: Chris Young, Kaz Matsui, Justin Upton

SP-Nolasco
SP-Hamels
SP-Lester
RP-Valverde
RP-Francisco
P-Lilly
P-Masterson
Bench-Sherzer
Bench-J. Sanchez
Bench-Wakefield
Bench-Chris Young

Top Ranked Waiver P: Absolutely Nothing
healyja
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: HELP ME GET OF LAST....WHIR

Postby jzip89 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:23 pm

ur team really isnt that bad. don't panic. the only thing i'd say is that you should definitely look to move weeks. he simply is not startable and looks like a huge flop yet again
jzip89
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rjwock07 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:24 pm

Agreed with above...your team is decent.. be patient. Keep Kubel! Mauer will help him. Move weeks or Holiday. Holiday will never put up numbers like he did in COl.

Rough starts by your top SP and slow hitting will turn around...Fantasy teams are streaky! Thats why you make small waiver moves and be PATIENT!

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=381435
"Great things come from the mind of a man who can be happy, but never satisfied."
rjwock07
College Coach
College Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Meddler » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:22 am

I see how you're not doing well, but you have the foundation of a good team. I wouldn't stand pat, but I wouldn't panic either. I would absolutely pick up Upton over Anderson. A fourth outfielder with upside could really do you some good, especially if you follow him closely and match him up in situations where he figures to do well. I do think Holliday will bounce back and give you a solid if not spectacular OPS, but he won't be a 30 HR guy.

Otherwise, just look for a decent supplemental middle infielder. Your pitching will come back and be okay over the long haul, but you just need to be aggressive with available hitters that have the upside to outperform one of your starters. In particular, pay attention to youngsters and prospects that may get a surprise callup. You don't really need veteran stability, you need to take gambles that may pay off big. You have enough to keep you within the realm of competitive, but you also probably don't have enough to make up enough ground as is. Put a little bit more risk and reward on your bench though, and you could be in great shape.
Meddler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team