Stash Problem....WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Stash Problem....WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stash Problem....WHIR

Postby Meddler » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:32 am

Standard 5x5 12 team roto. Its a Yahoo league, and having just one DL spot, I'm having some injury/stash issues. Here's the roster:

C - Yadier Molina
1B - Kevin Youkilis
2B - Chase Utley
3B - David Wright
SS - Jimmy Rollins
OF - Johnny Damon
OF - Jayson Werth
OF - Travis Snider
Util - Aaron Hill
BN - Justin Upton
BN - Brian McCann (DL)
DL - Stephen Drew

SP - CC Sabathia
SP - Dan Haren
RP - Joakim Soria
RP - Frank Fransisco
P - Josh Johnson
P - Kevin Gregg
P - George Sherrill
BN - John Danks
BN - David Price

So the problem is having both McCann and Drew on DL stints, plus the fact that I have David Price stashed away. That's three dead roster spots.

The good news is, I'm well in first in my league, so I don't feel like I have to make any kind of panic decision. I love having Price around, I don't think I can drop McCann, and Drew could still be a nice trade chip in a month or two if he ever heats up.

WHIR, leave a link.
Meddler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Stash Problem....WHIR

Postby wildcatmatt27 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Looks like to me you are just going to have to deal with it. You can't drop those guys who are hurt. Patience is a virtue.
wildcatmatt27
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Hit Factory » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:23 pm

wildcatmatt27 wrote:Looks like to me you are just going to have to deal with it. You can't drop those guys who are hurt. Patience is a virtue.
;-D

I agree with Wildcat, you cannot drop any of those players and if you look on the bright side your "problem," might be a positive thing. Yadier is playing really really well and you could possibly deal McCann when he returns. Rollins will heat up soon enough and you can def trade Drew, i'm sure a lot of owners in your league would love to have him since there are only a few solid SS's. Your pitching is awesome and you have 2 of the best young pitchers in baseball; Danks and Josh Johnson, (once Price comes up you will probably have top 3 lol.) My only concern for your team is your outfield. Damon-Werth-Snider-Justin Upton is not horrible but I think if you dealt McCann or Drew you could really bolster your outfield and make your team unstopable!
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby healyja » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:10 pm

I think your best bet would be to trade, look for someone in your league with open dl spots and position voids at catcher and shorstop. Otherwise just wait it out and be hopeful that Mccann;s improves and drews hammy doesnt keep him out for an extended time.

Take a look at mine when you can

viewtopic.php?t=381354

Thanks
healyja
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Meddler » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:49 am

I forgot to add one bench spot on my roster, I have another quality young arm:

BN - Armando Galarraga

Hit Factory wrote:
wildcatmatt27 wrote:Looks like to me you are just going to have to deal with it. You can't drop those guys who are hurt. Patience is a virtue.
;-D

I agree with Wildcat, you cannot drop any of those players and if you look on the bright side your "problem," might be a positive thing. Yadier is playing really really well and you could possibly deal McCann when he returns. Rollins will heat up soon enough and you can def trade Drew, i'm sure a lot of owners in your league would love to have him since there are only a few solid SS's. Your pitching is awesome and you have 2 of the best young pitchers in baseball; Danks and Josh Johnson, (once Price comes up you will probably have top 3 lol.) My only concern for your team is your outfield. Damon-Werth-Snider-Justin Upton is not horrible but I think if you dealt McCann or Drew you could really bolster your outfield and make your team unstopable!

Yeah that's kind of what I'm figuring. I don't think I want to trade McCann. Even if Yadier keeps it up, it'll be more geared towards avg than power, and if there's anything I'm lacking right now its power. I traded Cruz's power for Rollins' speed, and though I don't lose power with Rollins I don't really gain much over Drew. I might not have done the deal if I wasn't so sky high on Travis Snider (The longer the O's hold out on Wieters, the better Snider's AL ROY chances get, lol). Not only that, I have a feeling that as the season goes on, Cruz is gonna lose some ABs and Snider's going to gain some. Cruz just doesn't make enough contact to avoid the odd 2 for 20s here and there, and with Andruw Jones looking like he turned the clock back five years. Meanwhile, Snider's being platooned with a righty who has a career .728 OPS. He's probably the best left handed hitter the Jays have, and I fully expect him to both move up in the lineup and start getting more ABs.

Anyway, I also had Pat Burrell who I got in the deal for Rollins, who would have been a decent power source, but I don't like relying on guys like Burrell, so I dropped him for Upton. I feel like I'll have the flexibility to make a deal for a power hitting outfielder, probably by the time Price gets promoted. That might be a good time to sell high on a guy like Galarraga or maybe even Danks. Not that I don't like those guys, but I could see their perceived value becoming higher than their actual value, and I'll definitely have plenty to fall back on with CC, Haren, Johnson, and eventually Price.
Meddler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team