Looking for Insights - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Looking for Insights

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for Insights

Postby chestrockwell » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:33 pm

Here's my team. We've jumped out to an early lead in the league, but I am lacking in saves, and I feel like I might need to start making some moves. So far, I've been offered Ludwick/Capps for Kemp/Billingsley, to which I said no, and today I was offered Votto for Billingsley or Shields. I'm torn on this one. Suggestions either way? I'm leaning toward Votto for Shields.

C: Martin
1B: Morneau
2B: Uggla
SS: Reyes
3B: Carlos Guillen
OF: Kemp
OF: Wells
OF: Cruz
OF: Spilborghs
UTIL: O. Hudson
UTIL: Castillo
Bench: J. Schafer
Bench: Jose Guillen
Bench: Barmes
P: Shields
P: Josh Johnson
P: Billingsley
P: U. Jimenez
P: Broxton
P: Scherzer
P: G. Floyd
P: Pelfrey
P: Grilli
P: Porcello

It's a 15 team league, so it's deep, and people know what they're doing. My pitching is young with a lot of upside, but that's obviously not always realized. Any thoughts?
chestrockwell
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for Insights

Postby jzip89 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Your pitching definitely looks like it'll be hit or miss. I'm not sure who's available so it's hard to say if you should dip into the FA pool at all. VOtto for shields seems like a solid deal for you but I'm not sure if your pitching can absorb that hit. Maybe just trade one of your other lower end starters for some cheap saves? Maybe Downs or Corpas or someone like that...

viewtopic.php?t=381146
jzip89
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby chestrockwell » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:51 pm

the FA pool is definitely a little light.

i also thought that if i take that shield/votto deal, i can flip morneau for a front end starter - a solid #2 starter.

saves are going to be hard to come by. i drafted devine, but obviously that didn't work out for me. trying to flip a back end guy for some is a good idea.

the other thing about my pitching is that they all have high ERAs now. I doubt they are going to stick at 6/7 all year, so I know I can pick up points when they start to come down.
chestrockwell
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Hey Hermano » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:30 am

I don't think Votto is better than either Billingsley or Shields, who are both great #2 starters. If you got Votto and flipped Morneau, you'd end up downgrading at 1B for a lateral move at SP.

A very solid-looking team for a exceptionally deep league~

viewtopic.php?t=379613
Hey Hermano
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Hit Factory » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:39 pm

In a 15 team league its hard to have a lot of pitching depth and if you moved Shields or Billingsley you would be cutting it very close at SP. I like the Votto for Shields deal, but I just think it would hurt your pitching too much. If you traded Mourneau and inserted Votto into the 1st base slot you would be downgrading and the player you got for Mourneau would just help even things out but I don't think you would gain anything.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team