Adam Laroche - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Adam Laroche

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adam Laroche

Postby MrRalph13 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:14 pm

There is possibly not a player with more distinct post all star pre all star splits than Adam Laroche. His career average line pre all star:

.253/.324/.452

.295/.356/.546

I've never seen anything like his daily trends at Fangraphs, some of them would lay on top of each other perfectly for the past 3 years:

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs.aspx?pl ... &type=mini

He is off to a rather hot start this year, especially by his standards (check his ISO and wOBA). Is it possible he's already at midseason form? Does anyone know of any changes (offseason regimes, approach at the plate, etc) that might have allowed to break his trend of starting out slow? Or is this an anomalous hot streak at the beginning of his inevitable half season slump?

Thoughts please.

And this small sample size is really like twice the small sample size cause the normal sample size is only half a season. :-b
MrRalph13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adam Laroche

Postby DaShiz23 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:16 pm

I do not know of anything different. But, if he keeps this up, his value jumps up quite a bit, and could post his best numbers of his career.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby Bogey9906 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:23 pm

Not that I think it makes a big difference, but he's in a contract year, so maybe he stepped up his offseason work. Because he'll be a free agent, he'll be a hot name on the trade market this summer if he keeps hitting. His fantasy value could go up even more if he goes to a better lineup.

I took him in the last round of my draft just hoping for a decent start. I like what we're seeing so far!
Bogey9906
College Coach
College Coach

Postby devastor » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:07 am

just picked him up. what the hell..
devastor
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:01 pm

devastor wrote:just picked him up. what the hell..

just picked him up? what the hell you in like an 8 teamer, per espn hes owned by 92% thats a crazy add... my thoughts this kid is so super streaky in some terms really reminds me of another guy whos leaned on by alot of people and he then gives way, Edwin Encarnacion... i remember when adam came up with Atl he had and still does have one of the sweetest looking swings, but it was so damn long and loopy, but anyone notice a change early this season? (i may be totally off here but this is what ive noticed) he didn't change his stance, like little bro, but i don't know if he may have worked on his hand speed or turning over the top more so, but his bat speed (more so the head of the bat coming through the zone) looks alot quicker this year... i know this was always a problem with him was from point A to point B (bat off his shoulder to contact) was so damn slow that he has having to start his motion so much sooner, thus getting his footwork and hands/bat way out of wack... like i say this is just a personal observation ive made, don't know if its 100% accurate, but he had to have done something different this offseason...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby devastor » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:06 pm

Its a 12 team, fool. he's only owned by 44% in Yahoo leagues. ;-D
devastor
Major League Manager
Major League Manager