Holliday's slow start - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Holliday's slow start

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Holliday's slow start

Postby gbill2004 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:02 am

wildbill wrote:I read something earlier today, I think it was an ESPN article, that suggested his numbers at the end of the season would be be 20+ HR, 80 RBI and a .280 BA. However, I think it was written by one of their writers that I think might be on sloshed given some of his off the wall advice the last couple weeks. Still it seems unlikely he'll match his draft day value.

Even with his terrible start, Holliday is still on pace for approx 24 HRs and 120 RBI. He is bound to break out of his slump, so I could still see a 30+ HR and 130+ RBI season from Holliday. The only real numbers that are suffering for Holliday is his batting average.
gbill2004
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ha_jai » Wed May 13, 2009 8:19 pm

gbill2004 wrote:Even with his terrible start, Holliday is still on pace for approx 24 HRs and 120 RBI. He is bound to break out of his slump, so I could still see a 30+ HR and 130+ RBI season from Holliday. The only real numbers that are suffering for Holliday is his batting average.

Wow ... talk about bold predictions sure to go wrong. Did you draft Holliday in the first round? 30+ HR?!?! 130 + RBI?!? Really not trying to make fun of your prediction but what are your reasons if any that he will reach those marks? Based upon his on pace stats?!? So based upon that reasoning, guess Pena will hit 61 HR and 152 RBI this year!

Even if he gets traded to a contender, he will still be hitting in that putrid Oakland lineup the majority of the season. Aside from possibly Giambi and Cust, the rest of the Oakland lineup stinks. Besides, it will take him a while to learn the pitchers in the A.L. It will be a stretch to even see him hitting 100 RBI this year, let alone 120 RBI.
ha_jai
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gbill2004 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:12 pm

ha_jai wrote:
gbill2004 wrote:Even with his terrible start, Holliday is still on pace for approx 24 HRs and 120 RBI. He is bound to break out of his slump, so I could still see a 30+ HR and 130+ RBI season from Holliday. The only real numbers that are suffering for Holliday is his batting average.

Wow ... talk about bold predictions sure to go wrong. Did you draft Holliday in the first round? 30+ HR?!?! 130 + RBI?!? Really not trying to make fun of your prediction but what are your reasons if any that he will reach those marks? Based upon his on pace stats?!? So based upon that reasoning, guess Pena will hit 61 HR and 152 RBI this year!

Even if he gets traded to a contender, he will still be hitting in that putrid Oakland lineup the majority of the season. Aside from possibly Giambi and Cust, the rest of the Oakland lineup stinks. Besides, it will take him a while to learn the pitchers in the A.L. It will be a stretch to even see him hitting 100 RBI this year, let alone 120 RBI.

Well, if he keeps up playing like he is, he is still on pace for close to 120 RBI. So I guess you are predicting that he plays even worse than he already is the rest of the season? Everyone already says he is playing terrible...what makes you think he is only going to get worse once he starts to figure out the AL pitchers??
gbill2004
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bceagles04 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:21 pm

Lets say he gets 600 AB's.

Based on his numbers NOW -

he'll produce:

.237 20 HR's 112 RBI 70 Runs.

Great.

Even if the avg comes up to .260-.270, that's got 2nd-3rd OF written all over it.
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Larsjam » Thu May 14, 2009 1:18 am

gbill2004 wrote:
wildbill wrote:I read something earlier today, I think it was an ESPN article, that suggested his numbers at the end of the season would be be 20+ HR, 80 RBI and a .280 BA. However, I think it was written by one of their writers that I think might be on sloshed given some of his off the wall advice the last couple weeks. Still it seems unlikely he'll match his draft day value.

Even with his terrible start, Holliday is still on pace for approx 24 HRs and 120 RBI. He is bound to break out of his slump, so I could still see a 30+ HR and 130+ RBI season from Holliday. The only real numbers that are suffering for Holliday is his batting average.

Yeah and Rickie Weeks will hit 40 hr's with 100 RBI's :-B
C: S Perez
1B: Gonzo
2B: Cano
3B: Aramis
SS: Hanley
CI: Goldschmidt
MI: Craig
OF: McCutch Rios DeAza BJ
Util: Morales
BN: Harper Davis Machado
SP: Stras Gallardo Shields Moore Fister Buchholz Billingsly
RP: Hanrahan Perez Holland

DL: Ortiz Griffin Bailey
Larsjam
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dicehound » Thu May 14, 2009 12:51 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
TheBambino wrote:eeeee.... I just made a trade to get him... I gave up Bruce and Dice K.... but I needed to open a roster spot anyways... I hope he starts to hit... last couple of days hes been doing ok

Bad trade...

I agree. Bruce alone might out pace Holliday in most cats.
dicehound
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates