100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Stephen Drew to the DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stephen Drew to the DL

Postby wildbill » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:33 am

Per Rotoworld:
Stephen Drew-SS- Diamondbacks Apr. 26 - 1:01 am et

According to MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez, Stephen Drew will be placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sore left hamstring.
Drew's MRI results must have raised some concerns. He's been in and out of the lineup for over a week now, so the move makes sense. Drew should be ready to return on, or shortly after, the date he is eligible. Augie Ojeda will fill in at shortstop.

Well this makes 4 players on the DL for me !+) :~( , just another typical April :-P .
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Stephen Drew to the DL

Postby ABA316 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Anyone from AZ have any insight on this? Mainly if it's just the 15 days or maybe longer?

Drafted this guy high in my keeper league and he's now on the list of guys on my DL..6 so far in this year..ugh.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:17 pm

By the sound of the injury, it seems like it's precautionary given that they haven't brought up the possibility the sore hammy is a muscle tear, but I'm not sure what's really going on there.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby ABA316 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:32 am

Any word if he gets activated right when eligible? Hope so..my 2b/ss is a utter mess in one league.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Thu May 07, 2009 10:08 am

ABA316 wrote:Any word if he gets activated right when eligible? Hope so..my 2b/ss is a utter mess in one league.

The last thing I saw a couple days ago was he was looking at May 11th or 12th to return.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby schmidty » Sun May 10, 2009 2:16 am

There doesn't seem to be much news on Drew (even his little name "page" on Yahoo is white). Though I found this tidbit at rotoworld:

Stephen Drew was sent to Triple-A Reno to begin a rehab assignment. Drew has been out since April 25 with a hamstring injury. He'll play several games with Reno before rejoining the Diamondbacks next Wednesday. Rumors of a May 11 return were a bit premature.

Wednesday May 13th doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully he comes back with as much of a bang as McCann did.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby wildbill » Sun May 10, 2009 2:29 am

schmidty wrote:Wednesday May 13th doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully he comes back with as much of a bang as McCann did.

Well the difference is McCann wasn't hurt, he just couldn't see (obviously he can now). Drew on the other hand was hurt, and he wasn't exactly on fire before he got hurt. Should be interesting to see. The DBacks certainly need to find someone who can hit the ball these days.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates