David Wright and Lance Berkman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

David Wright and Lance Berkman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

David Wright and Lance Berkman

Postby shoelessjoetara » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:45 pm

Anyone concerned about these two guys. They are usually fantasy studs and I have both on my 14 team league. Should they bounce back to their norm?
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: David Wright and Lance Berkman

Postby al10r10 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:20 pm

They both will be fine. Wright typically gets off to slow starts, he will be fine! Same thing with Berkman! Guys of that caliber go on crazy hot streaks that makes you forget about these slow starts!
al10r10
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: David Wright and Lance Berkman

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:26 pm

i own both in my espn league and feel the pain, but found this kind of interesting, we all know how temperamental batters are and how the smallest of small things can effect them check this...

Rotowire.com April 26th...

"Manager Jerry Manuel spoke with hitting coach Howard Johnson Saturday about something he noticed about Wright's swing. Manuel said he saw Wright moving his upper body toward the pitcher instead of staying back and thought that could be one reason Wright has 20 strikeouts in 66 at-bats, the NY Newsday reports.
Spin: The Mets are trying to find out why Wright is struggling so much early in the season, striking out substantially more than is the norm for him. Wright is too good of a hitter not to break out of his slump and to bench, but right now, he is falling well short of expectations at the plate."

thats actually quite a big thing, and if he works on it could turn it around quite quickly, i don't for see Wright struggling all season so easy on him ;-D

As for Berkman, i don't know what to say, i mean i know hes usually a big first half and lesser second half kind of guy, but after the the terrible 2nd half last year it seems to have carried over to this year... only thing i see as something good out of this, is although hes batting a terrible .167 he still has 15 walks but also 21 Ks, so basically hes either walking or striking out, not just getting the unlucky stick of hitting the ball hard, but at someone... the sad part about it is he only making contact (wether its an out or getting on base) with 45% of his at bats thus far, that means 55% of the time=no contact, and of that 55%, 41% of the time its a walk overall hes walking 22% of the time... those 21 Ks are hard to look at tho... at this point tho you can't very well trade him as you will get most likely little to no value for him...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Injuries & Player Updates