Jimmy Rollins: Slumping, injured, or just not that good? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jimmy Rollins: Slumping, injured, or just not that good?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jimmy Rollins: Slumping, injured, or just not that good?

Postby schmidty » Sat May 02, 2009 1:08 am

poo holes wrote:
imphishy wrote:Rollins is a big ol' bust. Yahoo sucked me into drafting him again after suffering through a miserable year with him last year. Should have drafted BRAUN in the first!!!!!!!

I only drafted him because he fell all the way to 12. Now I am starting to think there are 11 smarter owners than me in my league! Braun would have been a no brainer at 12 but that didnt even come close to happening! :-/

Yeah ... I thought the same thing. Sorry imphishy :-b Taking Rollins late 1st round isn't too bad. But passing up Braun to take him in the 1st - oy! :-B

I picked him 11th, and it still seems like a decent pick (HanRam, Pujols, Wright, Reyes, Miggy, Braun, Sizemore, Hamilton, Howard, and Johan were all taken ahead). I hate scrounging for steals, especially with 1-dimensional hitters. I liked the idea of making myself strong in that category, with solid numbers in the other 4 cats, in the middle infield right off the start. Guess I could've taken Teix, but I already had him on another team and wanted this squad to have a different "flavor". And it's not like he hasn't been sucking too. But outside of the guys that I mentioned, who else even felt like a 1st round pick? I guess one of the "big two" of second-basemen (Utley, Kinsler) - though when picking Rollins, my plan was to pick whichever of those 2 came back to me in round 2.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates