He dropped WHO!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

He dropped WHO!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: He dropped WHO!?

Postby silverZ » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:26 am

I dropped Fowler 2 days ago. Should have been in my lineup due to Angles having an offday. :~(
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby THE TERMINATOR » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:12 am

Francisco Liriano and Justin Verlander in a 18 Team H2H League.

And I can't belive I got both of them with a Waiver postion of 8.
THE TERMINATOR
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Spidey » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:44 am

Alex Rios was dropped in one of my leagues 2 weeks ago. I sacooped him up with my #2 waiver : )

This league is a friend and family league so at times there are some crazy draft picks and other stuff. Mostly though it's pretty competitive. 12 teamer.
Spidey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Hey Hermano » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:12 pm

Jacoby Ellsbury was dropped in my league and I can't believe I got him with a #11/12 waiver.
Hey Hermano
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Geek » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:29 pm

I just picked up Vlad Guerrero.

As a free agent. 8-o

I was looking for a pitcher and saw his name up there. Wtf?
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby the izzy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:37 pm

Geek wrote:I just picked up Vlad Guerrero.

grabbed him off the wavier wire in my 10 team keeper league. Right now, the commish has it set up so that a guy grabbed off the WW only cost a "last rd pick" in order to keep. I don't plan on keeping him right now, but I might reconsider before next year, since he'll only cost me a 23rd rd pick.
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Tis » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:05 am

Heh, I read this thread thinking "what a bunch of idiots these guys play with, I never see drops like this in my yearly league, my league's too smart."

Then some D-bag drops Brandon Philips.

Fingers crossed, I have #3 waiver, and the guy who dropped him has #2, so only need one guy to be asleep on the ball.
Tis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pochucker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:58 pm

Ill say it again --these idiotic drops dont reflect badly on the poster just the league their in. We all started somewhere and I guarantee most of our early leagues were bad. Alot of us here (including myself) often forget that there are many many people here that are in the early stages of their fantasy "development" and use this site as a tool to get better and they have every right to post their experiences as they travel that path. In fact some of them are down right entertaining.
Im 59 yrs old and learn more each year, in fact we have owner in our league who didnt start playing fantasy baseball till he was 60 and he is now one of our top owners every year.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby CadensDad » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Pochucker wrote:Ill say it again --these idiotic drops dont reflect badly on the poster just the league their in. We all started somewhere and I guarantee most of our early leagues were bad. Alot of us here (including myself) often forget that there are many many people here that are in the early stages of their fantasy "development" and use this site as a tool to get better and they have every right to post their experiences as they travel that path. In fact some of them are down right entertaining.
Im 59 yrs old and learn more each year, in fact we have owner in our league who didnt start playing fantasy baseball till he was 60 and he is now one of our top owners every year.

If it a old timers league or something? Kinda like a non-keeper league where you draft guys like Glavine, Smoltz, Griffey, Omar, ect. who will be retiring this year? j/k :-D

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Pochucker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:19 pm

LOL no actually one guy in his 20s the rest in their 30s and 40s. We actually have waiting list of guys in their 20s waiting to join. I Started playing fantasy baseball in my early 40s when I couldnt play competetive sports any more. It helps fill that need for competition. We actually have running joke --The first guy to die gets the league named after him (sick eh?)
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers