He dropped WHO!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

He dropped WHO!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: He dropped WHO!?

Postby Padres Fan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:24 pm

I do hate the guys who have ellitist attitudes, the ones who say "I have won my Dynasty league for the last 5 years, I stay away from public leagues, roto baseabll is childs play.' Some play for fun, some are new and just learning the nuances, I think that people should show class by not knocking on other peoples leagues.
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby B-Chad » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Padres Fan wrote:I do hate the guys who have ellitist attitudes, the ones who say "I have won my Dynasty league for the last 5 years, I stay away from public leagues, roto baseabll is childs play.
I agree, no need for elitist attitudes, but typically when I get a response like this I just shrug it off and realize on a popular forum like this you will have a wide variety of opinions and posts... besides I always get a chuckle out of posts like those bc I imagine these "dynasty leagues they win for 5 years" are typically populated by lame duck and casual fantasy gamers anyways, and that always makes me smile :-b
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pochucker » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:04 pm

That causes alot of the problem -- people coming on here and trying to show there uberness --- posting their team of all stars of which the only way they could have gotten that team is by playing in a non competive league or as you say Padre Fan by coming on here and saying "I won my league xxx years" --again just proves it is non -competive league (if its even true). Either way the end result is people get ticked off and start insulting them and their leagues.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Precise » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:27 pm

Pochucker wrote:This is interesting debate -- also unwinnable for either side. As someone else said anyone has a right to post anything basically. Everyone realizes people have different levels of interest in fantasy baseball. But it would seem to me that if you are regular contributor to this site then you must have fairly high level of interest in fantasy baseball. Thats where I start having a problem understanding people who do not want to play in competive leagues. To me It is no fun to crush people who dont have same interest or skill level. I understand that unfortanately there are many people who thrive and get off on that. I was always told that to get better at anything you must work/play with people better than you.
I have been in same league for 7 years and it gets better every year -- everyone has off year where family or professional matters prevent them from being as active as they need to be and that is understood, but if it continues more than a year then we remove that owner(doesent matter who it is) --with the caveat that if their situation changes they move to top of waiting list.

I have a high interest in Fantasy Baseball, but I don't have the time and/or energy to compete in a competetive league. Many of regulars here spend many hours researching and studying fantasy baseball. Good for them. That is no reason to put down others who invest their time in other endeavors. It adds nothing to these forums except a bunch of toolishness and douchbaggery.
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Padres Fan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:21 am

lol I have played Fantasy baseball for several years now but mainly yahoo public leagues for fun, and always did autodrafts since I was wat too busy to to live drafts, well this year was different and did all my drafts live style and thought I did okay. I have 2 Yahoo leagues a ESPN league and a CBS league, the CBS and one Yahoo are standard public leagues, and the other 2 are serious Keeper leagues, I have a problem with not drafting players over 34 and love sleeper picks, which has bit me on my ass this season lol, Alex Gordon at 3rd all 4 teams lol, but at least my WTF picks in Adam Lind, Adam Jones, Aaron Hill and Jeremy Hermida are panning out.
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby The G.O.A.T. » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:43 am

I feel like dropping Wright, Ortiz, Liriano, and Myers from my team. All have been horrible.
The G.O.A.T.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:33 am

In my "Mickey Mouse" 20 team league, someone dropped Wiggy.

Now he's mine, MINE, all mine :-L .
Also, the first day before I can put him in my line up he pwns his 1st HR }:-)
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Crazed98 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:42 am

Wieters, Bell (before season started), Derrek Lee

Already picked the first too up thinking about Lee
Crazed98
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fezzik » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:44 am

Someone dropped Wieters in one of my leagues (16 team league), and I was able to grab him with the #2 waiver priority. But it was completely stupid of the guy since the benches in our league are very shallow...plus his team was autodrafted, so he probably didn't want him that bad in the first place.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby screwball1234 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:08 am

Corey Hart was dropped in my league
screwball1234
College Coach
College Coach