Yahoo Winners League - Pls Rate - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Yahoo Winners League - Pls Rate

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Winners League - Pls Rate

Postby jbuk » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:46 pm

Just drafted in a Yahoo winners league (12 team 5x5 H2H, usual Yahoo settings):

C Varitek
1B Sweeney
2B Giles
3B Lowell
SS Nomar
OF Beltran
OF V Wells
OF Nixon
Util Hinske
BN Cliff "DL" Floyd

SP Hudson
SP Mulder
RP Benitez
RP Cordero
P K Wells
P CC Sabathia
P Padilla
BN R Soriano
BN Eaton
BN Baez
BN Herges

It became pretty clear mid-draft that other than the Oakland aces, my starters weren't going to be great, so I took the strategy of drafting good ERA+WHIP guys who won't necessarily get a lot of wins, but won't hurt me. Also got some relievers which I'll put in every day there's a spare spot.

Think there's a chance of this working? Any other views?

Thanks
jbuk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AntLive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:14 pm

Don't be suprised if your thoughts on Floyd are dropped after this year. He carried a crappy Mets team last year with only one leg and no protection in the lineup and still put up decent numbers. He was hurt all year and played through it. Only reason he went down for the surgery was so he had more time to recover for 2004 and the Mets weren't going anywhere last year. You'll prob be using him as your 2nd or 3rd OF option by the end of the year. He has much more protection this year in the batting order.

I would also try to sure up your RP. Look for changes throughout the year. You know it's bound to happen. Stay on top of it and you'll be fine. Other then that I think the team looks pretty good.
AntLive
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedantic » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:06 pm

AntLive wrote:Don't be suprised if your thoughts on Floyd are dropped after this year. He carried a crappy Mets team last year with only one leg and no protection in the lineup and still put up decent numbers.

Yeah, he carried them alright...to nearly 100 losses. Floyd is still hurting and will likely never be the same. I'd have to have a gun to my head to take Floyd...or be in an NL-only league...which, ironically, I am.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby AntLive » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:49 pm

Pedantic wrote:Yeah, he carried them alright...to nearly 100 losses. Floyd is still hurting and will likely never be the same. I'd have to have a gun to my head to take Floyd...or be in an NL-only league...which, ironically, I am.

Well then how funny will it be if he does have a great year and you end up getting him. Or better yet, having to watch him perform for another team. You never know, you may end up eating those words.
AntLive
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedantic » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:53 pm

Anything's possible, I suppose, but I think the odds are definitely in my favor if I bet on it not happening.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team