Any1 got LaPorta news??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Any1 got LaPorta news???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Any1 got LaPorta news???

Postby DaSh 1s » Mon May 11, 2009 8:33 pm

What a stupid organization the Indians are. They are sitting the stud prospect to rot on the bench.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skimo77 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:40 pm

well other than his first game, where he hit his homer... old Matt LaPorta-Potty hasnt really done much ... and i really just wanted to break in his new nickname.. i think he'll be a solid player but it might just be too soon for him.
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 31)

Postby Spectrum » Mon May 11, 2009 8:59 pm

He's been up like, 10 days, and has 13ABs. In the meantime, Hafner's on the DL, and Wedge's stupid ass has Peralta at DH at least once (hitting ~.197 at the time) and Delucci 4 straight games now. And he's worthless.

As an Indians fan, I was pumped to see LaPorta get called up. But now, as an Indians fan, I want them to send him back to Columbus. At least until June 1. When Wedge SHOULD be on a 4 month vacation somewhere far, far away.

What is the point of calling up a kid, who is mashing at AAA, and sitting him 5 nights a week? Hoping his bat can get as cold as everyone elses? So he'll fit in?
Spectrum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DaSh 1s » Mon May 11, 2009 9:34 pm

Spectrum wrote:He's been up like, 10 days, and has 13ABs. In the meantime, Hafner's on the DL, and Wedge's stupid ass has Peralta at DH at least once (hitting ~.197 at the time) and Delucci 4 straight games now. And he's worthless.

As an Indians fan, I was pumped to see LaPorta get called up. But now, as an Indians fan, I want them to send him back to Columbus. At least until June 1. When Wedge SHOULD be on a 4 month vacation somewhere far, far away.

What is the point of calling up a kid, who is mashing at AAA, and sitting him 5 nights a week? Hoping his bat can get as cold as everyone elses? So he'll fit in?

Completely agreed. Sorry Skimo you don't let your best prospect sit on the bench instead of getting regular ABs (where it be in the minors or majors), its absolute common knowledge. i don't care if he went 0/13 there is absolutely no reason to stop him from getting routine ABs. So Skimo after thirteen days they should just give up on him? Apparently you dont know much about baseball or the process of developing prospects. :-B
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Skimo77 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:59 pm

So you think the marlins should keep running Maybin out there too? they just dropped him down... so its a good thing for a young players pyche if they bat in the .100's ? i'm just saying its better for some guys to go and mash in the minors for a while until they are completely ready... i understand the indians didnt give him enough playing time to prove it... but if he cant get his playing time then he should go back to the minors to get it til they are 100% he's their guy for the rest of the season.. thats what i'm saying
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DaSh 1s » Mon May 11, 2009 10:12 pm

Skimo77 wrote:So you think the marlins should keep running Maybin out there too? they just dropped him down... so its a good thing for a young players pyche if they bat in the .100's ? i'm just saying its better for some guys to go and mash in the minors for a while until they are completely ready... i understand the indians didnt give him enough playing time to prove it... but if he cant get his playing time then he should go back to the minors to get it til they are 100% he's their guy for the rest of the season.. thats what i'm saying

Right, but no.

What are you talking about? Please re read your statement and point what proof you are trying to make, you completely refuted statements and expose yourself that you don't know what you are talking about.

Cameron Maybin had 84 AB's in the course of 26 games? How is this ANYTHING like the LaPorta situation. You only proved my point for me. Maybin hasn't been getting it done so instead of letting him rot on the bench they sent him to Triple A to kept getting AB's. If they just put him on the bench the Miguel Cabrera trade would be useless. The Marlins are doing what's best for the development of their prospects.

LaPorta was 2/13 with a homer. Thirteen AB's is not enough to tell whether he is ready or not. But regardless YOU DON"T SIT A DEVELOPING PROSPECT LIKE MATT LAPORTA FOR 5 STRAIGHT GAMES. Its not rocket science. If some idiot within the Indians brass decided 13 MLB AB's where enough to decide LaPorta's future, why the hell did you call him up. Top Prospects need regular work. It's the only way they will get better.

Lets look at it this way. Ryan Braun started his MLB career 2/15 (with one homer). Hmm that sounds like someone I know, actually thats worse than Laporta. In no way I am saying LaPorta will be Ryan Braun, but the Brewers werent dumb enough sit Braun for the next 5 straight games. They let Braun get regular AB's and he blossomed. If they sat Braun, it would have hurt your development process

Please, learn a little more about baseball when you try and quote my comments. You make yourself exposed when you compare the Cameron Maybin situation (in which the Marlins organization is doing everything right) to the LaPorta situation (where the Indian's organization is doing everything wrong). Sending Cameron Maybin back to AAA was the best decision in regards to his development. Benching Matt LaPorta for 5 nights straight is the worst decision in regards to his development.

Sorry, try again.
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Spectrum » Mon May 11, 2009 10:15 pm

Maybin got like 100ABs as an every day starter.

LaPorta has had 13ABs over a week and a half.

If LaPorta was hitting .200 with 40Ks like Maybin, after that amount of time, I think you could have a point here.

But it's tough enough for a guy to jump into the majors, especially one with as much hype as LaPorta. Sitting around every night on the bench doesn't help him at all. Either play the kid, or send him back to Columbus.

And this goes for Valbuena as well.
Spectrum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DaSh 1s » Mon May 11, 2009 10:19 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
Skimo77 wrote:So you think the marlins should keep running Maybin out there too? they just dropped him down... so its a good thing for a young players pyche if they bat in the .100's ? i'm just saying its better for some guys to go and mash in the minors for a while until they are completely ready... i understand the indians didnt give him enough playing time to prove it... but if he cant get his playing time then he should go back to the minors to get it til they are 100% he's their guy for the rest of the season.. thats what i'm saying

Right, but no.

What are you talking about? Please re read your statement and point what proof you are trying to make, you completely refuted statements and expose yourself that you don't know what you are talking about.

Cameron Maybin had 84 AB's in the course of 26 games? How is this ANYTHING like the LaPorta situation. You only proved my point for me. Maybin hasn't been getting it done so instead of letting him rot on the bench they sent him to Triple A to kept getting AB's. If they just put him on the bench the Miguel Cabrera trade would be useless. The Marlins are doing what's best for the development of their prospects.

LaPorta was 2/13 with a homer. Thirteen AB's is not enough to tell whether he is ready or not. But regardless YOU DON"T SIT A DEVELOPING PROSPECT LIKE MATT LAPORTA FOR 5 STRAIGHT GAMES. Its not rocket science. If some idiot within the Indians brass decided 13 MLB AB's where enough to decide LaPorta's future, why the hell did you call him up. Top Prospects need regular work. It's the only way they will get better.

Lets look at it this way. Ryan Braun started his MLB career 2/15 (with one homer). Hmm that sounds like someone I know, actually thats worse than Laporta. In no way I am saying LaPorta will be Ryan Braun, but the Brewers werent dumb enough sit Braun for the next 5 straight games. They let Braun get regular AB's and he blossomed. If they sat Braun, it would have hurt your development process

Please, learn a little more about baseball when you try and quote my comments. You make yourself exposed when you compare the Cameron Maybin situation (in which the Marlins organization is doing everything right) to the LaPorta situation (where the Indian's organization is doing everything wrong). Sending Cameron Maybin back to AAA was the best decision in regards to his development. Benching Matt LaPorta for 5 nights straight is the worst decision in regards to his development.

Sorry, try again.

Sorry Spectrum, I want my post to be the last one to make sure Skimo doesn't miss it. :-)
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Skimo77 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:52 pm

haha nooo thats not what i'm saying...
i know that maybin has had more at-bats than laportapotty.. i'm not that big of an idiot... what i'm saying is if they're not gonna give him the playing time, and that he's not taking advantage of the playing time he's recieving... they dont want him to be hitting in the .100's like maybin is and lose confidenc, they'd rather him gain confidence and get work in the minors... i'm not saying that his situation is the same as maybins, cuz its obviously not.. i'm just saying that the indians, the indians! not necissarily me, feel that they are better off dropping him into the minors again to get work and refine his swing and such, rather thank keeping him around and have him potentially get frustrated, and have long term effects... they're taking the safe approach which seems to be a common trend with major league teams and their big time prospects, its only early may... i think he's gonna be a very solid player, but that the indians dont feel he is ready to play full time in the OF yet.
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Skimo77 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:57 pm

and i 100% agree with you that if youre gonna call him up , put him in the lineup.. but they obviously dont feel he's completely ready, thats what i'm saying.
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates