Guy always seems to get hurt :-t
LetsGoYankees
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Aramis right calf strain

Postby RenPastana » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:24 pm

Nooo! :~(

Funny thing is...I offered Aramis to this dude and he said he's always hurt! Damn him!
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Salty-Dog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:30 pm

damn, well he can join Brandon Webb. at least i have a good back up at 3rd (b/c Aram always gets hurt) in Jorge Cantu...oh, right....
Salty-Dog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:51 pm

yeah he 'always seems to get hurt' but i think i would have confidence in a guy that 'always gets hurt' who gets 30 dingers a year and has an average that hovers around .300 and bats in 100 a year... yeah good call, injuries are injuries they happen get over it... i have never seen people dog this guy wether he is hurt or healthy the way yall do, my god hes damn near a lock for 85/30/100/.290 every year, i believe there are much worse options out there...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby RenPastana » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:57 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:yeah he 'always seems to get hurt' but i think i would have confidence in a guy that 'always gets hurt' who gets 30 dingers a year and has an average that hovers around .300 and bats in 100 a year... yeah good call, injuries are injuries they happen get over it... i have never seen people dog this guy wether he is hurt or healthy the way yall do, my god hes damn near a lock for 85/30/100/.290 every year, i believe there are much worse options out there...

I agree but every injury is different and depending on its magnitude, it can have a huge impact on the said player's numbers; having said that, YES there is enough reason to be worried at this point and we cannot completely disregard his injury because he's been a lock for 30-100 over the last few years.

Until a further report on the seriousness of his Aramis' injury is presented, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the better! :-*

As of right now I'd say he's day to day but then again, Arod was fine last year and where's he at these days? DLing - - - Ya'll feel me knockin'?
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TexArcher » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:48 am

Rotoworld says he's definitely out for today:

"Latest News:
Cubs third baseman Aramis Ramirez will not play Saturday after straining his calf Friday night. There's still no word on how serious the injury is or how long Ramirez may be out, but it appears likely to sideline him for at least the next couple of games."
TexArcher
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TexArcher » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:05 pm

LetsGoYankees wrote:Guy always seems to get hurt :-t

Actually, he's only missed one long stretch in the last three years. Over those three years he's missed 48 total games out of 486, and never gotten less than 500 AB.

I'll take A Ram in 90% of the games and make due the other 10%, no problem.

This is just a calf strain, it shouldn't be a big deal for more than a handful of days.
TexArcher
College Coach
College Coach

Postby the izzy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:16 pm

TexArcher wrote:

Actually, he's only missed one long stretch in the last three years. Over those three years he's missed 48 total games out of 486, and never gotten less than 500 AB.

no joke. and what is the next ranked 3B on most draft charts? Chipper. Would you rather have Chipper or ARam?
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:19 pm

the izzy wrote:
TexArcher wrote:

no joke. and what is the next ranked 3B on most draft charts? Chipper. Would you rather have Chipper or ARam?

amen! thats what i was hinting at with my post, is even with Aram missing a couple games there are FAR worse ways to look...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby rainman23 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:39 pm

Man, be disappointed that your boy is down for a couple days. But if you get what you "always" get out of Aramis Ramirez, third base will be the least of your problems this year.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates