How bad is pitching WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How bad is pitching WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How bad is pitching WHIR

Postby finecomics300 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:01 pm

I play in a 12 team H2H league (2 keepers) Went with an offense heavy draft that may have burned me. 9 max pitching starts per week (although you can squeeze more in if you load up the last day (espn loophole) Obviously getting killed in ERA,WHIP, WINS, and saves. Been streaming as much as possible to keep up in K's. But I have the worst luck picking spot starters. Any advice for me would be great. Will do my best to help others....

C = Vmart
1b = Miguel Cabrera
2b = Chase Utley (2nd round keeper from last season)
3b = Aramis Ramirez
SS = Hanley Ramirez (6th round keeper from last season) players keep their tags which is why so low
OF = Bobby Abreu
OF = Andre Ethier
OF = Mags
Util = Willy Taveris
Bench = Pablo Sandoval

Pitching
Verlander
Harden
Kazmir
Nolasco

Recently used a 10th priority claim on Buehrle and somebody dropped Scherzer and I picked him up. I had some dead weight on staff like Ray, Arrendondo, and Nuez that I thought may end up being closers and have been using empty spots to stream.

I also picked up Carmona (panic move) Doubt I have the sack to start him tonight though.

My only closers are Marino Rivera and Scott Downs (thanks to the closing thread on Downs)

Hopefully Nolasco, Verlander, and Kazmir are just off to slow starts. Any advice on what to do? Offense isn't the problem but I've only racked up 10 wins in 2 weeks.
finecomics300
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How bad is pitching WHIR

Postby cnote23 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:04 pm

to me your starting pitching is ok and since Rivera is your only closer I would punt saves and try to trade him for another starter. also list some batters on the FA list.
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafecaster
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby finecomics300 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:06 pm

Should have mentioned that I have to trade Utley and Hanley by trade deadline or they will go back to the pool next year. Obviously Hanley has more value being a 6th round tag, even Utley isn't bad as a 2nd rounder. But you also have option to ride them out to try and win this year....
finecomics300
T-Ball Trainer

Postby finecomics300 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:11 pm

First time we are on espn instead of yahoo. This is what waiver wire looks like for hitters sorted by % owned. I don't think espn has ranks like yahoo (at least I haven't found them yet)

Placido Polanco
Adam LaRoche
James Loney
Mike Napoli
Conor Jackson
Pat Burrell
Rickie Weeks
Kelly Johnson
Jose Lopez
Shin-Soo Choo
Emilio Bonifacio
Mark Reynolds
Rick Ankiel
Matt Wieters
Elvis Andrus
Coco Crisp
Edwin Encarnacion
Cameron Maybin
Delmon Young
Alex Gordon
Orlando Cabrera
Carlos Gomez
Freddy Sanchez
Xavier Nady
Ramon Hernandez
David DeJesus
Melvin Mora
Hideki Matsui
finecomics300
T-Ball Trainer

Postby got2bdab » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:29 am

Your pitching isn't bad at all. I would not punt saves. Just play the waiver wire and be active when closers change. Verlander is the only guy on your list that I really don't like. Kazmir, Nolasco, and Harden will be good. Harden, I worry about his health. Wait til he strings together a couple sick starts in a row (which he will), and deal him for a more reliable (health-wise) guy. Other than that, your team is fine. I'm not crazy about Taveras. I don't like guys that give you only one category. There were some better guys available on your waver wire.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=380819
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
got2bdab
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bossoaks » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:05 pm

I think you did a nice job truing up your pitching. I think they are pretty solid now. Verlander is the only week spot in my eyes. Does the WW contain Maholm, Zimmerman or Waddy Rodriguiez? All young and could develop into good pitchers (just not great teams). I would upgrade Taveres and keep an eye on Pablo to see if he comes around (have to like those multiple position players even though I just dropped him for Lowell).

[url]viewtopic.php?t=380897[/url]
bossoaks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team