NFL Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NFL Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NFL Draft

Postby daullaz » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:36 am

Two mocks are now posted on the Football side. Click the Fantasy Football button at the top of the page and let us know what you think.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:15 pm

daullaz wrote:Two mocks are now posted on the Football side. Click the Fantasy Football button at the top of the page and let us know what you think.

I don't see any mocks there. I'm interested b/c in Bagel's dynasty I have to give up either MJD or Fitz and I am crazy with indecision.

All I see are predictions of who NFL teams will draft. Who cares? Eugene Moore and Eben Britton Offensive Tackles? First round draft picks whose names you will never hear again unless they get flagged for a false start or holding.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby knapplc » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:18 pm

You've spent time in sales, haven't you, Mookie? :-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigken117 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:42 pm

It makes me sad the Lions are going to invest so much money in Stafford :-/ All I see is Alex Smith, not Matt Ryan. I hope I'm wrong. They need to fix that line, or he's going to spend more time on his back than your least favorite member's mom.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:54 pm

bigken117 wrote:It makes me sad the Lions are going to invest so much money in Stafford :-/ All I see is Alex Smith, not Matt Ryan. I hope I'm wrong. They need to fix that line, or he's going to spend more time on his back than your least favorite member's mom.

:,-(
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
daullaz wrote:Two mocks are now posted on the Football side. Click the Fantasy Football button at the top of the page and let us know what you think.

I don't see any mocks there. I'm interested b/c in Bagel's dynasty I have to give up either MJD or Fitz and I am crazy with indecision.

All I see are predictions of who NFL teams will draft. Who cares? Eugene Moore and Eben Britton Offensive Tackles? First round draft picks whose names you will never hear again unless they get flagged for a false start or holding.

We're starting a Dynasty Mock on the 27th.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... .php?f=334

;-D
PMoneyTKE
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:13 pm

bigken117 wrote:It makes me sad the Lions are going to invest so much money in Stafford :-/ All I see is Alex Smith, not Matt Ryan. I hope I'm wrong. They need to fix that line, or he's going to spend more time on his back than your least favorite member's mom.

Don't tell me you'd rather have Sanchez.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby bigken117 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:11 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:

I don't want them to take either QB #1 overall. Too much wasted money. If they traded down to the high single digits and took one I wouldn't mind, but a $60+ million committment for the hardest position to fill scares the heck out of me. There's no impact player really, but they need an upgrade at 11 positions on defense, so I'd rather see them take Curry.

That said, I'll still buy a Stafford jersey. My Joey Harrington and Charlie Batch ones need company.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:19 pm

I really don't want to see the Seahawks take Sanchez. It really seems that the top QBs are more miss than hit. I would like to see them take Curry or an OT or even Crabtree before they went with a QB.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:31 pm

bigken117 wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:

I don't want them to take either QB #1 overall. Too much wasted money. If they traded down to the high single digits and took one I wouldn't mind, but a $60+ million committment for the hardest position to fill scares the heck out of me. There's no impact player really, but they need an upgrade at 11 positions on defense, so I'd rather see them take Curry.

That said, I'll still buy a Stafford jersey. My Joey Harrington and Charlie Batch ones need company.

On Mike and Mike today, they went through every first overall pick ever and found there was a higher success rate at QB than almost any other repeatedly chosen position. The idea is that a lot of first overall picks fail period and that the idea that QBs are more volatile than any other position is misguided.

As long as there is a decent OT available at 20 (who knows), then I am liking Stafford at 1. He's run a closer to pro-style offense than Sanchez and has sustained his success for more than a handful of games. He doesn't have knee issues and is the perfect type of quarterback to pair with Calvin Johnson. He also carried UGA to a decent record last season on a team that basically re-wrote the injury record book. I don't think he's getting enough due as a prospect personally. The "Sanchez went to USC so he's going to succeed/he had a great game against Penn State in the Rose Bowl so he's awesome" thing is getting overblown IMO, but whatever.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Next

Return to General Talk