Chris Davis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chris Davis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chris Davis

Postby lbblue » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:17 am

Just curious if anyone has thoughts on his job security. I would assume the Rangers will exercise some patience with him but so far he's hitting .200 and has an obscene 25 K in 50 AB. I know Blalock has gotten some time at 1B but I wouldn't expect that he'll be a guy that flat out steals Davis' spot. Is there any chance that Davis gets sent down to the minors for a while if he continues to struggle for another few weeks (assuming he has options left)?
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chris Davis

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:21 am

SERIOUSLY? 19 page thread already in BASEBALL LEFTOVERS:

viewtopic.php?t=372068
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby lbblue » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:24 am

BALCO All-Stars wrote:SERIOUSLY? 19 page thread already in BASEBALL LEFTOVERS:

viewtopic.php?t=372068

YES, SERIOUSLY!

Sorry, I don't live on this board and didn't check the Leftovers forum. I'll be sure to check there first next time I have a similar type of question.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:57 am

There's just been a lot of "repeat" threads on different players when all they had to do was check leftovers (or vice versa).
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby Padres Fan » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:25 pm

That 19 page thread has to do mainly with the drafting of Chris Davis compared to other 3B and has nothing to do with what the question he is asking, yes maybe there is some insight on the later posts, but why would you want to scroll through every post on a 19 pager to find the begining of the posts that have anything to do with what he was asking. Using the search to see what topics are under lets say Mike Aviles, brings every top that includes Mike Aviles name in it but has nothing to do with Mike Aviles. Sometimes people need to start a new topic just to get there questions answered.

To answer your question, I belive that the Rangers will take a look in the next few weeks, with Andruw Jones hitting good, they may want to free up a spot in the OF to play Jones mores so they can garner some trade interest in him, Play Blalock at First and maybe Jones or Hamilton at DH
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby lbblue » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:05 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:There's just been a lot of "repeat" threads on different players when all they had to do was check leftovers (or vice versa).

I gotcha. I've just rarely visited the Leftovers forum but, like I said, I'll go there first the next time I have a similar question. Thanks.
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lbblue » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Padres Fan wrote:That 19 page thread has to do mainly with the drafting of Chris Davis compared to other 3B and has nothing to do with what the question he is asking, yes maybe there is some insight on the later posts, but why would you want to scroll through every post on a 19 pager to find the begining of the posts that have anything to do with what he was asking. Using the search to see what topics are under lets say Mike Aviles, brings every top that includes Mike Aviles name in it but has nothing to do with Mike Aviles. Sometimes people need to start a new topic just to get there questions answered.

To answer your question, I belive that the Rangers will take a look in the next few weeks, with Andruw Jones hitting good, they may want to free up a spot in the OF to play Jones mores so they can garner some trade interest in him, Play Blalock at First and maybe Jones or Hamilton at DH

Thanks for the reply. Obviously I'm hoping Davis stays in the lineup and starts producing (or at least stops striking out 50% of his AB) but I fear that he could get benched. I'm certainly not going to drop Davis at this point but since he may go to my bench it's time to start considering a backup plan, which right now is to play Mike Lowell instead.

I have a related question that I'm going to post in the Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waiver Questions forum if anyone cares to comment on it.

viewtopic.php?t=380746
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates