Can I keep it up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Can I keep it up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Can I keep it up?

Postby lbblue » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:02 pm

Padres Fan wrote:I just dropped Volsatd for Beltre to see if his bat picks up, I am keeping Boni for now to help with SB stats

That was going to be my recommendation. Good call. Beltre's numbers will be pretty solid despite his slow start.
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hey Hermano » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Good move, my dude.
Hey Hermano
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Meddler » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:58 am

Bartlett might turn into a nice sell-high candidate soon, especially if Drew gets going. Not many SSes got off to hot starts. You may be able to cash in nicely from a desperate owner of Jimmy Rollins, Alexei Ramirez, JJ Hardy, Rafael Furcal, or Jhonny Peralta. You probably won't be able to get anything spectacular, but for a guy who was undrafted in most leagues, you might be able to find nice value. But it'll be a question of timing, hoping Drew gets healthy and Bartlett stays hot long enough.
Meddler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Padres Fan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:53 am

Yeah i am risking playing Bonifacio at 3rd until Beltre heats up then I will drop him for something, at least until Beltre starts to hit I will get a a few runs and a couple of sb weekly. I do need Drew to start hitting, as long as Bartlett hits groundballs he is a good hitting, but once he thinks he is a homerun hitter thats when it all falls apart.
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Meddler » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:21 pm

Yeah, the problem is really just that you're too light on power with Bonifacio and Bartlett. You have Pujols whose a lock for 30+ and Quentin, Kemp, and Jones, where you could get significant power, but getting less 5-8 homers at most from 3B and SS probably won't cut it. The good news is at least one of Drew or Beltre should significantly help you there sooner or later, giving you at least an average power bat for one or both of those positions. You'll have lots of options to match up your power and speed based guys. Do a little homework and put the right guys in the right situations and you'll be more than fine. Wieters should be gravy. There's little doubt he'll hit, but putting a HR total on him is difficult.

You'll also almost certainly have a surplus of pitching eventually. Good closers, and then having Santana and Price stashed is going to be a nice luxury in a month or two.
Meddler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team