How Can I improve this team and please rate...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How Can I improve this team and please rate...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How Can I improve this team and please rate...WHIR

Postby jaysdaman1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Heres my roster....
Its a 5X5 roto league.

C- Navarro
1B- Pujols
2B- K Johnson
3B- Atkins
SS- Scuatro
CI- P Fielder
MI- R Cano
OF- Swisher
OF- Ordonez
OF- Quentin
OF- Werth
UTIL- Tavaras
BN- Duncan
BN- Greene

Pitching
SP- HAren
SP- Young
SP- Volstad
SP- Millwood
RP- Papelbon
RP- Marmol
BN- Scherzer
BN- Frasor

Thanks WHIR
jaysdaman1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How Can I improve this team and please rate...WHIR

Postby Hit Factory » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Overall you have a marginal team, its not terrible but certainly not great. You can improve with many areas starting with your offense. Look to upgrade your catcher, Navarro is pretty weak and won't help your team except possibly with average but he hasn't hit anything so far. I really don't like Atkins, especially since he will be traded and his average drops by 80 points away from Coors. Scutaro has come out of the gate on fire, but expect him to cool off big time, he is a decent guy to have as a backup, but as your starting SS I would be worried. That being said, SS is a very very scarce position and there are only a few guys I would target (I have Khalil Greene so I am in the same boat you are in.) Outside of Quentin your outfield is marginal as well. I like the trifecta of Haren-Young-Scherzer, but you are going to have a problem with saves.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jaysdaman1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:27 pm

I had Doumit as my catcher but since he is out until July I had to get what was left on the waiver wire. I know I will be hurting for saves. My draft was the day before the news came out that Marmol will not be closing for the Cubs. I am hoping that he will steal the job away from Gregg. I also took a flier on Frasor hoping he can steal the job from Ryan as he has struggled. I think if one of those two pan out I will be fine for Saves. My pitching has done well for me this season. I am in the top 5 overall, with power being my strength. My weakness seems to be steals and average....and saves for now. Is thee anybody you would target to try and upgrade?
jaysdaman1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby got2bdab » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:17 pm

How many teams is your league. For a 10 team or 12 team league, you pitching is fine not dominant). I would keep a close eye on the waiver wire for guys like Tommy Hanson, and try to pick up a young stud and hope he comes through. Your hitting needs some work. I'm not crazy about C, 2B, 3B, some of your OF, and UTIL. Granted if it is a 12 team league, it is a better team, but I still can't see it as dominant. Maybe try to trade Papelbon for Capps or Lindstrom or some average closer and a real solid bat. People will pay a premium for a top closer.

Help mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=380521
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
got2bdab
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team