Gamel,Laporta,Milledge,McCutchen ???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Gamel,Laporta,Milledge,McCutchen ????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gamel,Laporta,Milledge,McCutchen ????

Postby ayebatter » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:45 am

Who, What, Where, Why ????

I drafted Milledge on a bunch of teams and need to rectify this situation, any reason to keep him over the other 3?
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1386)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gamel,Laporta,Milledge,McCutchen ????

Postby fbc_fan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:44 pm

ayebatter wrote:Who, What, Where, Why ????

I drafted Milledge on a bunch of teams and need to rectify this situation, any reason to keep him over the other 3?

i'm wondering the exact same thing. gamel, laporta and mccutchen are all tearing up AAA right now. for some reason i think mccutchen will be up first, just because there is room for him on the big league club. not sure when this call would be made though.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:27 pm

I'd take LaPorta and McCutchen over Milledge
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby ayebatter » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:22 pm

fbc_fan wrote:
ayebatter wrote:Who, What, Where, Why ????

i'm wondering the exact same thing. gamel, laporta and mccutchen are all tearing up AAA right now. for some reason i think mccutchen will be up first, just because there is room for him on the big league club. not sure when this call would be made though.

I'm leaning this way, with only 2/3 of Pitts OF producing, I think McCutchen gets a shot soon, but Gamel is hitting with power and Hall just sucks.

Thanks ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1386)

Postby Steve-o » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:12 pm

Let's look at the laying time situation for each of the guys:

Matt Gamel: Hall does stink and his average is deceptive this year. According to his LD% his BABIP should be around .300, not the .340 it is. Plus he has only 1 HR at a power position. The only thing that is keeping him around is that he playing good defense, whereas Gamel has 7 errors in 14 games. Given Gamel's defensive shortcomings, Hall has to be terrible for a good month straight. I could see that happening by July.

LaPorta: He is still playing LF, but he could be be at 1B or DH. 1b and DH are pretty well blocked by V-Mart, Pronk, and Garko. Ben Francisco in LF on the other hand, he is worse than Bill Hall. If Cleveland can trust LaPorta in LF (he only has 1 error in 14 games at LF), then I think he could will be the first to be called up. Also, LaPorta is almost 24.5 years old, which is older than the average top prospects for AAA. Cleveland might also think they can win the central this year, which could push LaPorta up sooner rather than later.

McCuthcen: One spot is pretty well blocked by Nate McLouth, but Nyjer Morgan and Brandon Moss don't scare anybody. Morgan has started hot, whereas Moss is not hitting well with no real prospects to improve. Given that Pittsburgh has no shot this year, there is no reason to waste a year and call up McCutchen until after the super 2 deadline. I could see him up in June at the earliest, but he is still young, so the Pirates can keep him in AAA and bring him up for a cup of coffee.

I guess LaPorta pre June, Gamel July then McCutchen sometime later. I also think that LaPorta and Gamel will have a higher fantasy impact when they are called up.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Steve-o » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Yahoo on 4/26 wrote:Premiere centerfielder, and "Farm Aid" subject from earlier this season, Andrew McCutchen (three percent-owned), could be recalled from Triple-A Indianapolis possibly as early as this week. The oblique strain Nate McLouth has battled with over the past couple games is worse than originally thought. Pirates management has not ruled out a possible DL stint for their star centerfielder.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fbc_fan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:24 am

this is excellent news. the possible callup anyways. i wanted to see mccutchen in the majors, but unfortunately it is at the expense of mclouth's health.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Polar Bear » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:11 am

I wish the Tribe would call LaPorta up, they could use the runs.
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball