Sanadval - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Sanadval

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sanadval

Postby petert » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:31 am

What is his value is he has no catcher status...currently have him as my CI. He really has been stinking it up. not much out there in the FA market but not sure if i can take much longer of him doing nothing.....
petert
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sanadval

Postby no2leads » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:31 pm

same boat here. caught last night for first time, needs four more for eligibility on sportsline. in leagues where you start two catchers he must hold for while longer, if he starts to hit a little and is catcher eligible for 2nd half of season most likely better then the #2 catcher on your team. i hate that he doesn't walk though, he will end up .317 with a .318 OBP, under 15 HRs most likely. still better then most #2 catchers.
no2leads
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby wildbill » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Considering the results Barry Zito has had with Sandoval catching I would not be shocked if he becomes Zito's personal catcher. If that happens just count off the Zito starts until Sandoval has enough to qualify at C in your league.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby no2leads » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:58 pm

good thought and hopeful thinking on the Zito observation. thought crossed my mind how Giants pitcher did that night i just didn't get chance to check yet, nice.
no2leads
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Carnac » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:30 pm

If he has no C eligibility he has 0 value.
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)

Postby Reeron » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:43 pm

"If he has no C eligibility he has 0 value."

Even with C eligibility he might have 0 value. He really sucks right now. And guys who don't walk usually suck as they can't maintain a consistent batting average. Good luck with the headache known as Pablo.
Reeron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jfg » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:15 am

With catcher's eligibility he has a ton of value in all due respect. I think he's going to come around and I can't imagine that there is any catcher sitting on your waiver wire that is going to produce at a level too much higher than Sandoval's right now. He hasn't been terrible in the past week... not anywhere near what was hyped but I think he'll come to a middle ground between the hype and right now to be a solid catcher. Was I sold on him being a top 5 catcher this year? Yeah. I'm willing to admit that it probably won't happen but I'm pretty sure he'll be top 10 at the C position by year end.

Baseball Prospectus had him at .289, 15 HR, 75 RBI and 67 runs before the season and I think he'll come pretty close to those numbers. Those numbers suck if you don't have him at catcher but if you do that is easily top 10 maybe top 5.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby petert » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:45 am

thanks for all replys but my issue is that as of right now Sandaval has only first and third base. he does not have catcher eligibilty, if he did i wouldn't even be asking this.
1. do you think he will have catcher eligibilty any time soon
2. do you think i should keep him at 3rd base until he does

not much out there but there are some guys, Brandon Wood is out there.
petert
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Sandoval

Postby Padres Fan » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:28 pm

lol I drafted Sandoval for his C/1B/3B eligibility in Yahoo, but now look to drop him, for John Baker, I am playing Bonifacio at 3rd while Gordon is on DL but at least once in a while I get some runs and steals from Boni
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby no2leads » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:35 pm

what are your other options at third base?
he's worth holding onto while waiting for C eligibility, it's very early, perhaps he starts cathing Zito who knows. in deep leagues that start two catchers he is a must hold onto, have to give it more time. to have a catcher for 2nd half of year putting up (projected) decent #s, invaluable, worth the wait. even if leagues that start 1 catcher, if catcher eligible by season's end i am sure his stats will just as good and (and better) those ranked statistically 6-12 or so.
no2leads
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates