So Meche has gone 7 innings, 2 hits, 1 run, no walks, and 7 k's. He is at 101 pitches. The Royals are up 2-1
And he is LEFT IN THE GAME!
WHAT IS GOING ON!
He would have left with a superb outing, a win, probably, and a great game overall.
Instead, he is left in and...
- R. Garko doubled to deep right
- T. Graffanino ran for R. Garko
- B. Francisco reached on bunt single to pitcher, T. Graffanino out at home
- T. Hafner hit for T. Crowe
- T. Hafner singled to right, B. Francisco to third
- A. Cabrera safe at first on second baseman A. Callaspo's fielding error, B. Francisco scored, T. Hafner to second
- R. Mahay relieved G. Meche
- G. Sizemore homered to deep right, T. Hafner and A. Cabrera scored
Now his line is 7.1 innings, 5 hits 4 runs, 3 earned, 7 k's and probably a loss.