Computer Virus Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Computer Virus Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Computer Virus Help

Postby Old_Style » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Does anybody know anything about the Vundo Trojan?
I scanned my computer earlier today and noticed that it had removed a bunch of Vundo Trojans, but there are still two remaining. I tried looking around for information about it but couldn't find much, so I'm hoping somebody here has had a problem with it and knows how to remove it.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Computer Virus Help

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:27 pm

Never had it, don't know a lot about it but pretty sure Malwarebytes software, which is free, handles all Vundo. Maybe others too but it's the software I've been using.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Looks like that did the charm. Thanks for the suggestion. ;-D

One more thing. I opened up my Windows Task Manager and noticed that I had seven svchost.exe's operating and taking up a crap load of memory usage.
Anybody know how to stop this?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 pm

Svchost is just the generic process name for Windows services. You might be able to trim that down by shutting down unecessary services. Go into services through Control Panel and you can find a list of definitions online.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:51 pm

The only problem is that I don't know which services are unnecessary. !+)
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:59 pm

Like Amazinz said, just look online. Google the running process and there will be a couple sites that have definitions of processes and if they are neccesary.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:28 pm

my anti-virus and such always catch vundos. they always tell me its low risk though, so i never sweat it.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:15 pm

I'm having problems with search engines redirecting me to various spam sites.
Anybody know how to tackle this one?

I hate computers...
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:40 am

Old_Style wrote:I'm having problems with search engines redirecting me to various spam sites.

I hate computers...

i was having problems a couple months ago, and found this site that really helped. its a forum where you dl this program, run a report, then post the report on the site. less than 24 hours, they told me exactly what to do and fixed the problem. ill have to find the site for you...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:43 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
Old_Style wrote:I'm having problems with search engines redirecting me to various spam sites.

I hate computers...

i was having problems a couple months ago, and found this site that really helped. its a forum where you dl this program, run a report, then post the report on the site. less than 24 hours, they told me exactly what to do and fixed the problem. ill have to find the site for you...

hijack this?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk