Ricky Nolasco - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ricky Nolasco

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ricky Nolasco

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:58 pm

wildbill wrote:
nolanwood wrote:Has anyone heard what he is attributing his improvement to since he was sent down? Was there a mechanical flaw that was corrected?

I thought I'd it was all mental, but I'm not certain of that. If it was mechanical you'd think his ratios would have been out of whack but they weren't.


I thought it was mental/confidence problem as well.If this start was at Colorado,Philly or something along those lines I'd definitely keep him benched but it's a home game vs San Fran's lineup so me personally I'm rolling the dice.
Image
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1681
Joined: 9 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ricky Nolasco

Postby RenPastana » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:03 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:
wildbill wrote:
nolanwood wrote:Has anyone heard what he is attributing his improvement to since he was sent down? Was there a mechanical flaw that was corrected?

I thought I'd it was all mental, but I'm not certain of that. If it was mechanical you'd think his ratios would have been out of whack but they weren't.


I thought it was mental/confidence problem as well.If this start was at Colorado,Philly or something along those lines I'd definitely keep him benched but it's a home game vs San Fran's lineup so me personally I'm rolling the dice.


I seriously hope he gets bombed his first start back...after giving up 98 runs in 4 1/3 IP for me, I dropped his butt.. now the guy in 1st place (Im currently in 2nd) picked him up...Can't waitttttttt :-b
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 606
Joined: 7 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ricky Nolasco

Postby socceryank » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:46 pm

RenPastana wrote:
StarsNPinstripes wrote:
wildbill wrote:I thought I'd it was all mental, but I'm not certain of that. If it was mechanical you'd think his ratios would have been out of whack but they weren't.


I thought it was mental/confidence problem as well.If this start was at Colorado,Philly or something along those lines I'd definitely keep him benched but it's a home game vs San Fran's lineup so me personally I'm rolling the dice.


I seriously hope he gets bombed his first start back...after giving up 98 runs in 4 1/3 IP for me, I dropped his butt.. now the guy in 1st place (Im currently in 2nd) picked him up...Can't waitttttttt :-b

I am in same boat, except I'm in 3rd and the 2nd place team picked him up while I was trying to decide what roster move to make. So they'll be at least 2 of us rooting against him.
C M. Montero
1B AGonz
2B Uggla
3B Zimmermann
SS Jeter
OF J Upton, McCutcheon, Choo
Util Kendrys Morales
BN Pena
DL Gardner
SP Gallardo, Bumgarner, Latos, Zimmermann, Luebke, Jaime Garcia, Hughes, Burnett
RP League, Marshall, Betancourt
socceryank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 452
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ricky Nolasco

Postby nolanwood » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:14 pm

Anyone watch his start today? His line is respectable, but the 10 hits and 3BB's vs Giants makes me wonder if he got lucky...
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 464
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ricky Nolasco

Postby wildbill » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:13 pm

nolanwood wrote:Anyone watch his start today? His line is respectable, but the 10 hits and 3BB's vs Giants makes me wonder if he got lucky...

I didn't see the game, but i was watching mlb gameday. He cruised through the first 3 innings then had to work out of a few jams after that. One of the runs he gave up was unearned which may indicate he's still receiving poor defensive support, although he did have help from a runner being thrown out at home and another picked off trying to steal. I think San Fran has been a little hot lately on offense. I know Rowand has been on fire lately. I'd be hesitant to start him vs a top offense yet, but this looks like a baby step forward.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 838
Joined: 7 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ricky Nolasco

Postby nolanwood » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:56 pm

wildbill wrote:
nolanwood wrote:Anyone watch his start today? His line is respectable, but the 10 hits and 3BB's vs Giants makes me wonder if he got lucky...

I didn't see the game, but i was watching mlb gameday. He cruised through the first 3 innings then had to work out of a few jams after that. One of the runs he gave up was unearned which may indicate he's still receiving poor defensive support, although he did have help from a runner being thrown out at home and another picked off trying to steal. I think San Fran has been a little hot lately on offense. I know Rowand has been on fire lately. I'd be hesitant to start him vs a top offense yet, but this looks like a baby step forward.



Cool, thanks a lot for the input!! ;-D :-) A baby step in the right direction is exactly what I was thinking, too. It appears his next two starts are on the road (Toronto and Boston) - hopefully the progress continues.
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 464
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ricky Nolasco

Postby y2jayjk » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:46 am

I had traded Nolasco for Denard Span...then Nolasco was traded in a 6 player deal by 2 other owners...and then dropped by the new owner and I went ahead and picked up him in time to start today.


I think he'll be fine the rest of the way. No more shellings.
Image
y2jayjk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 46
Joined: 21 May 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Minnesota

Re: Ricky Nolasco

Postby Splendid61 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:17 am

wildbill wrote:
nolanwood wrote:Anyone watch his start today? His line is respectable, but the 10 hits and 3BB's vs Giants makes me wonder if he got lucky...

I didn't see the game, but i was watching mlb gameday. He cruised through the first 3 innings then had to work out of a few jams after that. One of the runs he gave up was unearned which may indicate he's still receiving poor defensive support, although he did have help from a runner being thrown out at home and another picked off trying to steal. I think San Fran has been a little hot lately on offense. I know Rowand has been on fire lately. I'd be hesitant to start him vs a top offense yet, but this looks like a baby step forward.


I didn't see the game either, but I'm concerned that 6 of the 10 hits Nolasco gave up went for extra bases... all doubles. The earned runs could have been a lot worse if a few of those doubles were HR's instead (especially considering the 3 walks). I wonder if they were hard hit line drives or just grounders down the line. I guess the positive is Nolasco was able to get out of jams... finally regressing his strand rate. But allowing 13 baserunners to the worst OBP team in the NL is concerning.
Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 306
Joined: 4 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ricky Nolasco

Postby chem » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:23 pm

Splendid61 wrote:I didn't see the game either, but I'm concerned that 6 of the 10 hits Nolasco gave up went for extra bases... all doubles. The earned runs could have been a lot worse if a few of those doubles were HR's instead (especially considering the 3 walks). I wonder if they were hard hit line drives or just grounders down the line. I guess the positive is Nolasco was able to get out of jams... finally regressing his strand rate. But allowing 13 baserunners to the worst OBP team in the NL is concerning.


Yeah it's kind of hilarious that people are looking to pick up Nolasco after this start. We know how bad he was earlier in the year, but here are some numbers from just this past start:

WHIP 1.857
OPS against .946
ISO against .207
SO/BB 1.33
SO/9 5.1

Against a _bad_ offensive team. And now people are rushing to pick him up again? Comedy, pure comedy. I hear Antonio Bastardo is available in most leagues...
chem
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 96
Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ricky Nolasco

Postby DbacksRback » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:50 pm

chem wrote:
Splendid61 wrote:I didn't see the game either, but I'm concerned that 6 of the 10 hits Nolasco gave up went for extra bases... all doubles. The earned runs could have been a lot worse if a few of those doubles were HR's instead (especially considering the 3 walks). I wonder if they were hard hit line drives or just grounders down the line. I guess the positive is Nolasco was able to get out of jams... finally regressing his strand rate. But allowing 13 baserunners to the worst OBP team in the NL is concerning.


Yeah it's kind of hilarious that people are looking to pick up Nolasco after this start. We know how bad he was earlier in the year, but here are some numbers from just this past start:

WHIP 1.857
OPS against .946
ISO against .207
SO/BB 1.33
SO/9 5.1

Against a _bad_ offensive team. And now people are rushing to pick him up again? Comedy, pure comedy. I hear Antonio Bastardo is available in most leagues...



Don't see how you can call it comedy considering he was a top 15 SP last year going by his numbers. I would much rather take a chance of holding onto him rather give a random ww pitcher a shot. I have him in two leagues and never even thought about dropping him. Just isnt worth it,
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2875
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Apr. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(2:20 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Miami at Miami
(7:08 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Seattle
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact