Ricky Nolasco - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ricky Nolasco

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ricky Nolasco

Postby RenPastana » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:34 pm

This guy has been frustrating so far this year...I understand it's still early but he's had 2 starts vs a minor league team (Washington Nats), with terrible numbers...He struggled against the Mets but they actually have a potent offense so I will let that one slide, and finally, he's given up 6 runs, 5 earned to the PIRATES so far!

I feel like a lot of people had high expectations for this guy this season but if he can't put up quality starts against 2 of the weakest offenses in baseball, then what of him?

Does anybody see my point? I wasn't relying on him to be my ace but a strong #2 or #3 is what I was looking for. Anyone got insight on Ricky?
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ricky Nolasco

Postby Carnac » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:50 pm

In the same boat. :~(
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DaveClay12 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:58 pm

I'm wondering the same thing. I traded a hefty price to get him, based on last year and his ridiculous spring. Maybe he's a hot weather pitcher?
Thank you to soty for hooking me up with another awesome sig!
DaveClay12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 11)

Postby wildbill » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:49 pm

People look at his stats from last April, he sucked big time last April too. PANIC, PANIC, PANIC!!!!!!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RenPastana » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:04 pm

wildbill wrote:People look at his stats from last April, he sucked big time last April too. PANIC, PANIC, PANIC!!!!!!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o

I don't think anybody is panicking in here...We're all just looking for insight on Nolasco, simple as that!

Thanks for wasting my time wildbill, now get a life!
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Carnac » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:53 pm

Tex on the pitchers side.
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rollotommasi » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:13 pm

wildbill wrote:People look at his stats from last April, he sucked big time last April too. PANIC, PANIC, PANIC!!!!!!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o

you should (panic) considering that his guy was in Verducci's list
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:18 pm

RenPastana wrote:

I don't think anybody is panicking in here...We're all just looking for insight on Nolasco, simple as that!

You certainly sounded like you were panicking. Your tone and use of punctuation suggested panicking.

Just how is pointing out that he sucked last year in April too a waste of your time? Are you too stupid to consider that players often exhibit patterns? The point, which obviously went way over your limited mental capacity head, is that maybe he just isn't very good at the beginning of the season. He wasn't last year, he hasn't been this year, maybe it's not a coincidence. Do you understand now or do I need to resort to baby talk?

You give someone info maybe they didn't know and they bite your head off. Good luck getting help in the future MOD EDIT.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:23 pm

He has 33 percent line drive percentage. That's pretty much unsustainable no matter who he faces. The line drives should start to decline and he should normalize. Maybe it's the weather that gets to him, but I doubt it since he plays in warm Florida anyways.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RenPastana » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:34 pm

wildbill wrote:
RenPastana wrote:

You certainly sounded like you were panicking. Your tone and use of punctuation suggested panicking.

Just how is pointing out that he sucked last year in April too a waste of your time? Are you too stupid to consider that players often exhibit patterns? The point, which obviously went way over your limited mental capacity head, is that maybe he just isn't very good at the beginning of the season. He wasn't last year, he hasn't been this year, maybe it's not a coincidence. Do you understand now or do I need to resort to baby talk?

You give someone info maybe they didn't know and they bite your head off. Good luck getting help in the future when you're such a dick to people trying to help.

Baby talk please...it turns me on! %-6
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates