How many closers to carry? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

How many closers to carry?

Re: How many closers to carry?

Postby Regalus » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:03 am

RDD15 wrote:
MentalPowerHouse wrote:Enough to play all RP and P slots, which is typically 4 or 5. And yes I am the guy that beats your Nathan and Krod with closers picked after the 10th round of the draft, and since you used 2 of your first 10 picks on them, and most likely 2 SP also, I will also crush your hitters.

This guy has it exactly right. I know this is an old thread, but this is a tactic that wins.

I agree with this ;-D Its the strategy I use as well.
Regalus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yearbend » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:46 am

i usually draft 3 closers late in the draft and throughout the season pick up 2 more, so i end up with 5. if you come in to a situation where yo can get more closers, pick them up and trade him. theres always a team or two that is needing closers.

thank you very much for the sig, soty!
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=45974

^^ soty's profile page ^^
yearbend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:50 pm

My strategy: Draft a closer on a contender around Rd. 11-12, then use your last draft picks on maybe 1-2 more closers on sub-par teams and some high-risk/high-reward players (this year, for example, Ryan Spilborghs was my last pick for nearly all my teams). In these last rounds, you'll usually find a guy or two who becomes droppable, and that's when you vulture saves off the WW, giving you a bullpen which can compete as handily as the one anchored by K-Rod and Lidge.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Thursday » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:06 am

Ideally, I carry 4 with a holds guy. For a while this season, I had 5. Basically, I think you'd want to fill all of your RP and P slots with RPs.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Beginner's Forum